Chapter 19 - ... What democracy?

(A/N: Trigger warning!!! Images and mentions of BLOOD. You've been warned)

"It's Sloane." Said Y/n, she started to run, worried, she was in front of the two Umbrellas, reaching the room first out of the three of them. "Sloane! Oh God..." She said as soon as she entered the room. "Oh Sloane..."

"Oh my God, Luther." Said Viktor, they had grown so much closer he could only say that at the scene in front of him.

"What happened?" Asked Five looking at Allison that was sitting behind Sloane, bloodied hands covering her mouth slightly. Y/n walked carefully towards her crying sister, Sloane was shivering and sobbing loudly.

"He went to get ice. I couldn't—" She said getting caught on her sobs and lack of ability to elaborate her words. Y/n walked closer to her, Sloane was looking at her, shattered by the situation. "He didn't come back..." Number 8 lowered herself beside her sister and held her in a embrace "I— I don't know, I don't know." She sobbed, face hiding into her sister's shoulder, one hand coming up to hold the arm in front of her, the other hand staying on her husband's torso shivering like a autumn leaf.

Y/n looked up at Five, her eyes mirroring her sister's pain, she didn't even listen at what the people were saying around her, she just looked at him that was looking at them hugging, then at Luther dead body laying on the ground. In this very moment Y/n knew why Five's siblings always went back to him for answers, for a sense of safety. She thought of herself selfish in that very moment because she knew, she could see in his behavior that Five had given or tried to give what they asked of him, but they never thought of repaying the favor.

"Children, what's going on? Oh god, Luther." Reginald entered the room worried and then gasped at the scene in front of him. It felt out of character of him to be so surprised and affected by something like this.

"If we attacked first, he would still be alive." Said Ben looking at Sloane and at Y/n like they were at fault due to the decision they've made.

"Shove off..." argued Y/n still holding her grieving sister and looking at him like he himself had ruined Sloane's life. "It doesn't make sense." She mumbled to herself while everyone was still basking in the last sentence Ben had said.

A thunder resonated loudly in the room, the floor started to shake, dust falling from the junctures on the ceiling.

"G-guys! Hey guys!" Called Ben pointing at the door after he had come back from facing the corridor, Five rushed to look at what he saw.

"What are we gonna do with Luther?" Asked Sloane, the hope that we could bring his body with us running thin in her mind, but she was certain that she was going into oblivion.

"Ok, we are out of time! The Kugelblitz is here." Announced Five. What was happening? Why the rush why the anxiousness about it, like there was something they could do about it.

"Into the passage! It's the only way!" Said Reginald, door opening, Lila was the first one to enter.

"You agreed to stay!" Shout Viktor after Diego had taken a weapon hanging on the wall. Allison was also on her feet now. Adrenaline rushing in all of them.

"They killed Luther, all right?" Shout back Diego walking around him and entering the tunnel right behind Lila, Ben was third after him. Now Allison held Sloane shaking her slightly.

"We can't leave him." Sobbed Sloane looking at her sister and than at Allison.

"We are not gonna leave him alright?" Asked Y/n southing at her, they had decided to stay and die. She was set on doing that.

"We go now, or we are gonna die." Shook Allison pulling Sloane to look at her, Sloane whined not wanting to leave Luther's side and Y/n stayed there with her sister, if her sister wasn't going to move she wasn't gonna do it either. Klaus in front of them tried to sweet-push the both of them to go into the tunnel, Sloane was being pushed so she had no other choice, she kissed his husband for the last time and with Allison she entered the tunnel.

"Go Y/n." Klaus said pushing her behind her sister. The woman held his harm and started rushing too believing that he would enter after him. "Klaus?" he didn't follow, she felt him sliding out of her soft grasp and she looked at him rushing towards Five urging him to move in too. Y/n was still looking back at the skinny guy until Five almost bumped into her and pushed her to walk further inside.

———

"Let's never do that again." Begged Viktor, is breath ragged like he had run for hours.

"What. Narrowly escape the apocalypse?" Asked Five sarcastic, Y/n in front of him quickly going for her sister comfort. Sloane was looking at her bloodied hand, Luther's blood.

"It's kinda of our thing is it?" Remarked snarky Diego.

"I thought we were supposed to not escaper it this time." Not that Y/n had ever escaped one per say. "Here let me help you, don't touch your jacket." Said the woman lounging to the side to get a tissue from the coffee table and helping her sister cleaning her hands.

Reginald entered in a rush, panting like he had never actually run for hours, and he was alone, no Klaus with him, it brought questions and stupid excuses from the man.

"No, he was right behind me when I entered the tunnel. Y/n was looking at him." Argued Five in a hiss, Sloane walked a step towards Reginald, Y/n still holding one of her hands cleaning it the best she could with one scrawny tissue.

"We need to go back." Her voice fragile by the sobbing and crying, the shock from Luther's probably still present in her mind. Reginald dismissed her wish, the Kugelblitz had taken all the planet already. Probably.

They all went together to the lobby, alert high, reflexes ready for whatever need. They entered it, a chatter started, Ben being a prick, Diego advising to not ring the bell and the mourning of Luther and Klaus, anger and sadness heavy in the room.

"Don't even try, Five, doors won't let you out." Advised Diego when he saw Five going for the entrance doors, for once the guy listened to him and retreated.

"So, what, we are stuck here until we solve this out? How is this better then the apocalypse again?" Asked Y/n that had started to caress her sister back after looking around the lobby.

"This place is a test and a trap and a means of salvation, all at once." Informed Reginald. Y/n was seriously getting sick of him, she was so used to see him weak that now she had mixed feeling about feeling so irritated by him.

"Does anyone know what that sign says?" Asked Viktor his gaze had been on the folded paper for the last 2 minutes.

"Yeah, it says 'Do not ring the bell.' That's what that means" He exhausted, his voice still softly snarky, Y/n wondered if it was just his reaction when his adrenaline level were rising.

"We get it, Diego. Bell bad. What do we do?" No one replied to Five, Reginald was silent, lost in his thoughts he wouldn't even hear people calling for him.

"Come I'll help you clean up." Offered Allison silently asking Y/n to have a moment with Sloane. Y/n hesitated but Sloane had already taken her hand and so she let go, Allison taking her sister to sit on the stairs, so she was left there. She just started to walk up and down in front of the doors wondering how was it that despite the 'stay' side had clearly won early this morning, they were all there anyways.

"And what's worse, I think Allison is involved." Said Five in a low mumble so Viktor would be the only one to hear him, he hadn't been the only one. While Viktor couldn't believe what Five had just said about Allison Y/n wanted to agree.

"You think?" Asked Y/n out loud trying to look outside the windows, she wanted to know where were they, was the portal in a place in outer space? Or was this a place out of time and space?

Five glared at her.

"You don't believe me?"

(A/N : I got a short story entitled "Pogo's daughter". 

What do you all think? Does it sound weird? Would you read a story with a title like that?)