Chapter 18 - Democracy? ...

You'd think an hour during the apocalypse would go by fast... for Y/n it didn't. She had already decided were she was standing in this and she was already waiting for all of them while leaning to the stair railing. They all had another meeting, this time on the stairs that led to the first floor from the lobby. Allison weirdly taking the lead of the whole situation.

"I think you can all guess which way I'll be voting. We've all been through a lot. We've all lost people." She said, her gaze falling on Five before stuttering. "...Mannequins. But their deaths have to mean something. Which is why I'll be voting to go with Dad."

"What she said." Said Lila on Diego's face. "Let's go save the bloody universe!" She screamed trying to cheer up the others.

"All right, well, since she said yes, I vote stay." Said Diego walking two steps up the stairs siding Viktor. "How's that for nice?" He asked.

"You are not being serious." Scoffed Lila, the only thing Diego did was give her a forced smile

"It's his vote, Lila. Klaus?" Said Allison, almost impatient at the results.

"I am, with father." He said, Reginald humming pleased that he had 4 votes, hopping that this wouldn't end in a 5vs5 situation.

"Okay, thats four to one. Viktor?" Allison asked, leading again. Viktor sighed fidgeting with his hands, his knee slightly bouncing, he was torn between wanting to help his sister or listening to the strong feeling of uneasiness growing in him.

"Look, I wanna believe, okay? I really do. I just can't shake the feeling we don't know what we're getting ourselves into." Finally someone that had a strange feeling that told him to not give in.

"No, but we know what we've got if we don't. We have to go into this together. Viktor. A family." Said Allison, voice sweet, smile a little forced.

"You can't just keep throwing the word 'family' around. It isn't enough... I vote stay." He decided, Allison looking at him like he had done something bad to her again, her jaw tensing, she looked into a vacant space before she turned toward the newly weds.

"Luther?" Asked Allison hopeful.

"Umh... Sloane and I talked, and , well, we're out. Look, we wanna spend whatever time we have left together, and not fighting some guy with a sword and ringing bells and stuff. So..." Luther said in somewhat of a inspiring and comical way, like the mission sounded awfully stupid to him.

"That's dead even. Four in and four out." Said Viktor looking at Y/n and Five, that were standing far away from each other.

"I'll abstain." Y/n said, Ben groaned at her decision.

"There is no abstaining sis, either you're in or you're out." He hissed from Reginald's side.

"If this is a democracy, then fucking yes I can abstain." She said with her eyebrows furrowed. Reginald was too impatient to complain about number 8's behavior, he turned towards Five and told him that he was the last one that had to vote. The two looked at each other for a second, then Five inhaled in his particular way, a purr that perked Y/n's attention like it always did.

"I saw the future, and it told me to sit this one out. I vote stay. It's time we accept our fate." He said a slight smirk while he spoke, it made his dimple show once in a while. Silence fluctuated between all of them, the votes were taken, the decision was made, they had to stay.

"You are all pathetic." Allison was the only one that spoke and she was also the first one to leave.

"Why can't we go in there, just the four of us?" Asked Ben, and for some reason he still had that kinda of threatening tone, it really seemed like he always talked like that.