Last Day of Camp

The alarm continued to blare and we all ran to meet up together at the bottom of the stairs.

"Attention. All park-goers must report to the South Ferry Dock for immediate evacuation. Last ferry leaves in two hours." A man said over the speaker.

"That's it? No explanation? That's all we get?" Brooklyn asked as me, Darius, and Kenji ran down the stairs to meet with her and Sammy.

"We have to move. The only way we're gonna make it is if we run." Darius said.

"Um....are we sure that's the best way to get there?" Sammy asked after looking at Yaz, who limped up to us while panting.

"I'm fine. I've competed with a torn ACL. You should be way more worried about Ben and Bumpy." Yaz said as she jerked a thumb at the two who just joined us.

"What we should all be worried about is catching a boat out of here and, naturally, we have a problem." Ben said as he laid a map out on a bench for us to look at. "We're here. The docks are on the southern tip of the island. Even if we ran at peak Yaz speed, there's no way we'd make the last boat out."

"You don't know that." Sammy tried to deny and give us hope.

"Yes, I do. I memorized the evacuation plan on the ferry ride over." Ben said which made everyone but me groan, since I knew this.

"Okay, so we need another way. Um....can we use those somehow?" Darius asked as he pointed at the kayaks. "Or send someone to tell the ferry people to wait? Or....."

"Or make a few jet packs real quick? Oh! We should befriend a unicorn!" Brooklyn said sarcastically. "Face it. It's hopeless."

"We will be arriving at Main Street-your destination for fine dining..." Another automated voice spoke. But this time it was coming from somewhere different.

"Is that...?" Brooklyn trailed off as we got up and ran towards where we were hearing the voice.

"......and shopping at Jurassic World. Followed by stood at the Jurassic World Lagoon and the South Ferry Dock." The automated voice was coming from the monorail.

"Monorail, what-what!" Kenji cheered.

"Mm, nicely played, Universe." Brooklyn complimented.

"Hurry!" Me and Darius urged as we took off running up the stairs to the exit of the stands. I lead the team while Darius stayed behind to wait for Ben and Yaz. Me, Brooklyn, Kenji, and Sammy all ran out towards the stairs of the Monorail platform but quickly turned and ran back to hide behind the wall. Darius came running towards us but I put my hand out and stopped him from rubbing any further.

"Shh!" I hushed before pointing to the corner. Darius quietly peaked around the corner before quickly hiding. He quietly peaked again and looked between the stairs of the monorail platform and Toro. Darius motioned for us to run before me and him took off running to the stairs. We hid behind the stairs before looking back to see no one followed. We motioned for them to follow us but they shook their heads with scared expressions. Then went to move to us but quickly ran back to hide when Toro turned around. Toro dropped the barrel he was chewing on before stomping towards where the others were hiding. Darius then picked up and rock and threw it before dragging me behind the other side of the stairs. Toro went to where the rock landed and we motioned for the others to run to us. They quickly ran over before crouching and running up the stairs so Toro wouldn't see them. I was ahead of Yax but looked back when I heard growling. I seen Darius pull Yaz to the side of the stairs and hide and I quickly followed when I seen Toro. Toro grunted before turning and walking away. We continued crawling up the stairs but Brooklyn gasped and had to catch a cup when Bumpy ran passed and accidentally hit the cup. She lucky caught it and it didn't catch Toro's attention. Kenji and Brooklyn were the first to make it to the top but the rest of us still had to crawl.