Arrival

We were chasing after Ben as he ran through the jungle biome. He wanted to get Bumpy back and I understood that. I'd do the same thing if Kon had Rexy or Blue. But I'd still like for us to have a plan to get Bumpy back.

"Ben, slow down. We won't get Bumpy back without a plan." Darius called after him. We followed Ben to the workshop and finally caught up to him to find him crouching beside a tree.

"Find her?" Brooklyn asked him.

"No. But I found Kenji and his new best friend." Ben said and turned to stared at the man beside Kenji.

"Hawkes?" Brooklyn questioned.

"Mr. Kon is exactly the type of guy who would work with a jerk like Hawkes." Darius whispered.

"Yeah, but who expected Kenji to be?" Brooklyn questioned sadly. Darius and I shared looks of concern before Sammy came over and rested a hand on Brooklyn's shoulder. "Well, at least he'll be mad when he sees the control chips are gone."

"And Brooklyn deleted the blueprints. How's he gonna sell his tech to BioSyn now?" Darius asked.

"Shh." Ben shushed us before pointing to the warehouse. We watched Kon walk out of the warehouse but he didn't seem mad. "Why does his mad face look so calm?"

"So?" We heard Hawkes question Kon.

"The chips are gone, and the workshop is trashed." Kon answered.

"By the earthquake?" Kenji asked his dad.

"And those children." Kon added.

"Okay, so what, we don't get paid?" Hawkes asked.

"A Kon always thinks ahead. There's a backup of the chip schematics. It's on a flash drive hidden in the jaw of one of those BRAD-Xs." Kon explained.

"But all the BRAD-Xs are down, so-" Kenji was explaining before his dad interrupted him.

"So we turn them back on, son. And then it's just a matter of calling the right one over."

"All right, let's go to the compound." Kenji said before starting to walk off.

"Hold on. You're not going." Kon said to Kenji and he stopped walking to turn to his dad. "I'm putting you in charge of the assets. The chips are the priority, but these dinosaurs need to be in perfect condition for Dodgson. And those twins, well......"

"Sure, Dad. I'm on it." Kenji said before Kon patted him in his shoulders and he walked off. Ben hit his fist against the tree with a glare.

"Ben?" Yaz cautiously asked.

"I'll follow Kenji. Hopefully, he'll lead me to Bumpy." Ben said as he started walking away.

"Hey, should we go with you?" Brooklyn asked.

"No. The rest of you need to get to that flash drive first." Ben denied.

"Ben's right. We didn't put all this work in to stop Mr. Kon just for him to blow it all up with a backup." Darius said. We turned and watched as Kon started walking away with Hawkes and the other dude.

"Let's get to the compound before they do." Yaz said. They were about to stand up but I stopped them.

"I'm going with Ben. I want to help him. I'd be doing the same thing if Kon had Rexy or Blue so I know how Ben feels." I whispered.

"Are you sure?" Darius asked worriedly.

"Positive. I know y'all can get the flash drive before Kon does. You don't need me on this. Ben needs me. I'll be careful." I promised.