Shaky Ground

We all waved our arms around to try and regain balance as we stumbled on our feet as the ground continued to shake. Pt-dons dove from the sky and we had to duck to avoid them as Big Eatie and Little Eatie roared. We waited until the ground stopped shaking to regroup and regain our balance but Big Eatie and Little Eatie continued to stomp their feet and roar.

"The earthquake's over. Why are the dinosaurs still freaking out?" Sammy asked.

"I don't know, but they're gonna hurt themselves." Ben replied.

"Come on. We have to shut down the drones." Brooklyn said.

"But if we do, won't this place be like Nublar all over again, where we're never not almost dying?" Yaz yelled.

"But if we leave them, that makes us a little too much like Kash or the Kons." Ben said.

"Mr. Kon." Brooklyn corrected angrily.

"Well, either way, I'm in for dropping them drones." Sammy said after clearing her throat.

"You go ahead. I'll stay here." Darius said.

"What?" Yaz questioned.

"It'll take a while to shut the drones down. I'll grab Mae's tablet and try to calm them down while you do." Darius reasoned.

"Good thinking. But maybe someone should stay with you." Brooklyn suggested.

"I'll stay and me and Wonder could help to try and calm down Big Eatie and Little Eatie." I said.

"No, that's okay. I'd rather do it alone." Darius disagreed.

"Yeah, okay. Send us a message when you get the tablet." Brooklyn said.

"Stay safe." I said before I kissed Darius's cheek and ran after the others.

~~~~~~~~~~
We pushed the door open to Kash's office and walked in.

"We're gonna go look for phones. Let us know when you get in to Kash's computer." Yaz said.

"You won't find one." Brooklyn said as she started typing on the computer. "Mr. Kon is as smart as he is evil. That's how he has Kenji fooled."

"I don't know, Brooklyn. Mr. Kon is a bad guy, but it's not like he forced Kenji to say all that stuff. About how we're not family." Sammy said sadly and I rested a hand on her shoulder.

"No, but....got it!" Brooklyn grinned as she got into Kash's computer.

"Knew you could do it." Sammy told Brooklyn. Brooklyn quickly disabled the drones and a few minutes later we got a message from Darius on a tablet we found. "Darius says the Eaties are still acting weird. He's trailing them."

"Of course he is." I groaned while face palming. As much as I love the boy, he can really do some stupidly reckless things. Wait. Love? My eyes widened at the unconscious thought.

"Great. Add that to the list of things we don't know, like, 'what do we do now?' And 'are we already too late to stop the Kons'?" Yaz said. Brooklyn shot Yaz a look but turned back to the computer as to not start an argument.

"What? Check it out. Remember the distress beacon we sent out from Nublar? Mantah Corp received it, and Kon didn't do anything about it." Brooklyn informed.

"If the EDB signal reached all the way here, shouldn't it work both ways?" Sammy questioned.

"What do you mean?" Ben asked.

"There was a drone on Nublar. That's how I sent my spy stuff to Mantah Corp. Probably didn't need to say that as excited as it sounded." Sammy said.

"So if it's still there, we might be able to control it from here." Yaz grinned.