Dino-Sitting

It was night time and we snuck around the jungle that surrounded the compound. We made sure to stay quiet as to not wake up the two sleeping raptors. We snuck from tree to tree before Brooklyn motioned for us to quietly run across the open ground of the compound. We were heading to the entrance doors but a rope suddenly dropped in front of us, causing us to quietly gasp and jump. We looked up to see Darius look over the railing of the compounds roof. We glanced over to see the raptors still sleeping before we looked at the rope.

"Ready." Darius whispered down to us while giving us a thumbs up. Kenji started climbing the rope first, then Ben, then Sammy, Yaz, me, and finally Brooklyn. We reached the top and Darius helped us up before we looked down at Brooklyn. She was about halfway when she looked at the raptors to make sure they were still asleep, but in doing this her hand missed the rope and she started sliding down the rope while screaming. Her screaming woke the raptors up and they ran at her. Brooklyn tried to climb up the rope but she was in too much of a panic to do it. We had the BRAD-X walked backwards as we all pulled the rope and Brooklyn up. Darius helped her over the railing before we all fell to the ground as we panted but the BRAD-X continued to walk back. "BRAD, stop." Darius ordered and the BRAD-X did as told. "Good thing you were able to get me voice command for BRAD here." Darius sighed as he gave Brooklyn the tablet she dropped when we fell to the ground after getting over the railing.

"Yeah. Real good thing." Brooklyn said.

"Had to keep it interesting, huh, superstar?" Kenji asked as he offered Brooklyn and hand to help her up but she just turned her head away. Darius however, took the opportunity and used Kenji's hand to help himself up.

"Okay, come on, guys. Who knows when Kash is gonna wake up." Darius said. We nodded and followed him down the stairs of the compound and through the halls until we reached the elevator. "This'll take you down to the Med Bay. There's a nursery next to it. He's testing the control chips on the baby dinos first thing in the morning." Darius explained as everyone but him walked into the elevator.

"What about cameras?" Brooklyn asked.

"Mr. Genius has been too busy to get the island's camera system up and running. Message me on the BRAD-X as soon as you get the babies out. Good luck." Darius said. We nodded at him and me and Darius locked gazes and nodded at each other in reassurance before the elevator doors closed and it took us down to the Med Bay. The doors opened and we walked into the giant Med Bay while the lights turned on. We looked around at all the big doors that led to other rooms, searching for the nursery.

"Hey, guys? I think I found it." Ben called out. We walked over to see him staring at a screen on the wall. It showed six pens but only four had a yellow dot in them. "Looks like there's only four baby dinos in the nursery." Ben pointed out. We walked down the hall to the screen with a lock on it before Ben slid his finger across it so it showed what baby dinos were inside. "'Baby Brachiosaurus. Two months old. DNA extracted from Isla Sorna.' It won't take me long. Where are we meeting after?" Ben asked Brooklyn.

"Med Bay. We'll load 'em up on a platform, and figure out which biome to take them to later." Brooklyn explained. She ran down the hall to Kenji and Yaz while me and Sammy went another way.

"Like I was saying, Sammy, E, we're up." Kenji said as he walked over to us. Sammy was to busy looking at the info on the screen to bother with Kenji. "Huh? 'Sinoceratops and Spinosaurus.' Dummy put down two species by mistake." Kenji laughed.

"Nope. It's a hybrid." Sammy corrected.

"What's everyone's obsession with making hybrids?" Kenji asked.

"Right?" I agreed. "Hey, guys, I'm gonna go check the last pen. I'll meet you guys in the Med Bay." I informed before running around the corner to the last pen. I pulled up the info on the screen and gasped. "' Tyrannosaurs Rex. Two weeks old. DNA extracted from......live specimen from Isla Nublar'." I gasped. When....? How.....? I shook off my thoughts and opened the door and walked in. A baby T-Rex was asleep on the ground with its tail wrapped around itself. I walked through the doors and into its pen before the doors closed behind me, waking up the baby T-Rex. It screeched at me but didn't move. I stepped closer to it slowly and crouched down. "Hey, baby. I won't hurt you. It's alright. I'm a friend." I cooed. The baby T-Rex sniffed me before it gurgled started me. I made the best T-rex gurgle I could and you could practically see the hearts in the baby's eyes. It stood up and walked towards me before falling into my arms and nuzzling me. "I think I just became a mother." I mumbled.