Ch.1 BAU to Intelligence

Elena's POV

I walk past the team without making any eye contact, straight to my dads office. It hurt to think about it. I knocked on the door. "Come in" I hear. "Hey dad do you have a second?" I ask. He looked up at me. "Of course Lena. What is it?" asking slightly concerned. "I wanted to give you this." I handed him a document. He scans it and his eyes widen, "Resignation letter? Lena w-" he says, I cut him off. "Dad... I need a break. I thought I could deal with it but everything is too much for me to handle and it's effecting my performance. You very well know how that could end up." I say referring to Elle. "Okay.." He sighed sadly. 

"Does that incident have anything to do with this?" He asks

"Does that incident have anything to do with this?" He asks. I nod. "And Morgan? He asks. I look down. "Um not really... okay fine yeah, a little bit" I mumble. "But I mainly need a change dad. I hate to leave everyone but if I don't do this I feel like my brain will shut down so.." I share my reasons. 

"I get it Lena. I do. So Intelligence in Chicago?" He raised he brow. "Yeah. I know... not the best weather but it will do" I chuckled. "I got a call this morning saying they've approved the transfer. I've talked to Strauss, she's signed the papers." I whisper. He frowned and I knew why. "I asked her not to tell you because I wanted to tell you myself... and the team... which I'm dreading. " I say nervously run my hands. 

"Jack, Haley and I will miss you you know" He says sadly "I know" I say trying to to breakdown. "But we will always support you so if this is what you need to do then so be it. Just don't forget about us kay." He gets up and hugs me. Yep, the dad hug. 

"Lets go tell the team" I say sadly. He nods following be out. 

JJ's POV

"Guys did you notice Elena has been acting closed off all day" I says looking at the others. "Actually she's been acting like that all week" Spencer says looking up from the book he was reading. "Bet it has something to do with you Morgan" Emily lightly smack Derek on the back of his head. "Ow! Hey Em what the hell?" Derek whines. "What you guys did break up so" She says shrugging her shoulders. He grumbles and looks down. Rossi just shakes his head also wondering what's going on. He didn't have a good feeling.

About 5 minute's later Hotch and Elena walk out of the office. "Everyone to the conference room right now" Hotch instructs. Everyone heads in. Garcia runs in. "I didn't receive any case file for us to investigate, what going on?" She said worried. "Now that you guys are here Elena has something to say" Hotch says. We could all tell he was upset. Of course it had something to do with Elena. She steps forward and take a big gulp.