Ch.3 Looking Forward, Looking Back

Jay's POV

It's the weekend and fortunately no new case came in so I decided I'd drive up Elena's to help her set up her apartment. I noticed she's quite reserved. Doesn't talk much about herself. Well neither do I so who am I to judge. But something tells me she's like me. Hiding way her feeling, bottling them up. The look I her eyes says a lot. It was filled with pain. Being in a profession like this sure has its cons. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a noise. Will walked in the kitchen as I finish up breakfast. "Hey Jay! no case?" He asks grabbing a cup of coffee. "Nope. What about you?" I ask as he sat down in front of me. "It's my day off" he sips his coffee. 

"Then do you want to come with me to meet my new partner? I told her I'd help set up her apartment. I'm sure she won't mind!" I offered. "Well then why not. It would be good to meet the women who got stuck with you for a partner" He joked. "Hey I'm a good partner" I give him an offended look. We laughed preparing to head out. 

Lena's POV

I was moving around some boxes when I heard a knock on my door. I set the box down to go see who it was through the peek hole. It was Jay and a ginger haired man who I assume could be his brother. 

I opened the door with surprise. "Hey Jay! What are you doing here?" I ask. "I'm here to help silly" he laughed. "I was joking you know" I pointed out. "Well I'm still going to help. By the way this is my brother Will Hallstead. Will this is Elena Hotchner, my new partner" He introduces us "It's my day off so I tagged along. Hope you don't mind!" Will says shaking my hand. His eyes not leaving mine. I blush. "Of course not! Come in please. Don't mind the mess" I invite them in sheepishly. 

"We're here to help so name it" Jays says. Will nods. I smile at the two. "Thanks" I says as we starts unpacking the boxes. A few hours went by. Jeez this was exhausting. "Anyone up for pizza?" I ask turning to the two. "You read my mind" Jay cheered. "Pizza would be nice!" Will agreed. "Pizza it is!" I say ordering some from the nearest take away.

While we waited for the pizza, I handed them a cold glass of water. "Sorry I still need to stock my fridge so I only got water" I gave an apologetic smile. "No worries" The both say taking the drink from the tray. The pizza finally arrived. We sat on the ground enjoying it as we talked about various things. "So how are you liking Chicago?" Will asks. "I've only been here week so it's too soon to tell" I smile. "Fair" He chuckles.

My phone suddenly rang

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

My phone suddenly rang. I pick it up quick, thinking it could be Voight. Jay grabbing his phone ready to go. "Hotchner" I say. "Lena! it's me" the voice says. "Spence? Hey" I sighed in relief. Jay sat back down. "What's up?" I ask. "You're the only one who's ever interested in what I say so I thought I call you" He says nervously. "You know better than to lie to me Spence, what's going on?" I frown catching on his lies. "Nothing? Why do you think something happened?" He says. "Because you never call for a genius rant Spence... is dad okay?" I panicked. Jay and Will looked at me with concern. "He's okay...it's actually uh... it's Derek.." His voice trails. I sigh waving my hand at Jay to tell him it was nothing serious. Jay nodded.

"Spence you scared me... and can we not talk about that. I'm trying to move on and I can't do that if you keep bring it up" I say not caring if they heard. "He misses you Lena. He needs-" I rub my forehead. "He's with you isn't he?" I sighed again. "Lena-"  I find myself getting angry. 

"Spence stop. You don't need to be a mediator between the two of us. Just let it go. Let me go. Please" I beg. "You know we can't do that. You're to important to us." He asks calmly.            "Listen I need to go." I whispered. "I get it. I'm sorry I brought it up. I hate seeing the people I love hurt" He says sadly. "I know. Bye Spence" I say cutting the phone. I close my eyes taking a deep breath. 

Will's POV

Our day was going quite well. Finally being able to meet my brother new partner was nice. Not to mention how beautiful she is. She has quite a strong presence. No wonder she's cop. Something about her seems to draw me in. 

It was all good until she got a phone call. The room became a bit tense. By the looks of it she was worried something had happened to her dad. Jay mentioned he was the Unit Chief in the FBI. The pressure must be so daunting. Things calmed down till Elena frustratingly sigh into her phone. I frowned at what I heard. So did Jay. Move on from what? Something bad must've happened to cause her to react like that. Jay wanted to run to his partner after hearing the pain in her voice. I stopped him. "It's not our place" I say. 

"I know. Bye Spence" She say cutting the phone. She turned and sat back with us. "I'm sorry about that. Didn't mean to kill the vibe...so much for first impressions huh" She joked trying to lighten the mood.. "I know it's a stupid question but are you okay?" Jay asked. "I will be..." she says softly. "I might as well tell you" She sighed. "You don't have to" Jays says. "I do, this is me starting to move on." She chuckles. I get up to leave, giving them space. "Stay" She stopped me. She smiled ignoring my shocked face and patted the ground. 

"Long story short, when I was in the FBI, one of the cases I worked on went south" She began

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Long story short, when I was in the FBI, one of the cases I worked on went south" She began. "I was abducted by the perp we were after...and uh...tortured..." Her voices begins to shake. "Elena you don't-" She stops me. "It's okay. Really." She smiles. "How long?" Jay asked curiosity getting to him. "A week. I spent months thinking I would heal but I really wasn't. The relationship I was in fell apart. I had to get a way before I completely shut down. Intelligence was recruiting so I applied and got transferred. Here I am!" she says doing her best to keep it together. 

Jay hugged her. No words spoken. I watched as she held back her tears. She knew Jay would be there for her. Hopefully I could too. 

[A/N: So this is my first time writing a CPD/MD fan fiction. Just a small reminder, I had this idea for a while now and I wanted to try write one. There is no major crossover from Criminal minds but will be a few for the dramatics. Do tell me what you think of this chapter. I will get back to editing it. I hope you like it! I promise I'll get better at it hahaha. Will and Elena finally meet. and we get a bit a back story. The detailed will be spread across a few chapters so do look forward to it! Thanks for you patience.- xoxo M]