Ch.2 Profiler to Detective

Elena's POV

I'm usually very confident but I still get first day jitters. I suppose it's because I'm on my own. I walk into the busy environment of the 21st. I took a deep breath and walked up to the front desk. A strong gaze looked my way. 

"You must be Hanks new FBI transfer. Welcome. I'm Sargent Platt" She says introducing herself. Of course she knew who I was. It's not every day that someone demotes from FBI to Detective by will. "Elena Hotchner. Happy to be here" I say with a smile. "Well crime doesn't wait. Take these forms to fill out. I need them back by the end of your shift." She instructs. I nod. "Here is your government issued badge and gun. Common I'll show you up" She hands me the gun and badge. "Thank you" I say following her.

"Hey Voight I have your new agent here" She called out to him. She leaves after giving me a smile. Voight gets up to greet me. "Hotchner! I've heard good things. Welcome to Intelligence" He shakes my hand. "Thank you for having. You won't regret it." I say with confidence. "I have high hopes" He says. 

 "Everyone this is SSA Elena Hotchner. Former FBI agent. Elena these are my detectives. Jay Halstead, Antonio Dawson, Kim Burges, Adam Ruzek and Kevin Atwater. She joining intelligence from now on. Please make her feel welcomed" He says eyes his detectives. "It nice to meet you all!" I smile shaking there hands. Kim being the most excited to have another female around. 

"Hotchner you are partnered up with Halstead. The case wrapped up faster than we expected so you're in lucky. Show her around Halstead" He says leaves me with my new team members. "Yes boss" Jay nodded. "So FBI huh?" Kim asked. "Yeah" I shrugged. "Why the downgrade?" Adam asks. "Long story short, I needed a change" I say making it clear I don't want to talk about it. Yet. 

Jay showed me around. Once he did I came back to set my desk. Since there was no case, everyone was doing paperwork. I decided fill the forms Platt wanted me to fill. "Hey Elena we all are going to grab drink, we would love it if you joined" Kim asked. I thought about it for a few minutes and sighed. "Fine as long as someone helps me get my apartment sorted" I smirked. "I'm down for that. I'd like to get to know my partner better" Jay laughed agreeing to help me. 

At Molly's, we all sat at the table ordering ourselves a drink

At Molly's, we all sat at the table ordering ourselves a drink. Antonio introduced me to his sister. Gabby, she works at Firehouse 51 and co-owns this bar with her fellow colleagues. It was a nice evening. Me and Jay got to know each other a bit more. We talked a bit about our family. As well as me and the rest of the team

"So what's the BAU like? Is it as cool as they say it is?" Kim asks. Everyone went silent, curiosity written all over. "It's intense. If you think you see awful things at intelligence, FBI is worse." I say simply taking another sip of my beer. I knew they wanted to hear more but I just wasn't ready. 

Taking the hint Kim changes the subject. "So anyone special in your life?" She asks. I froze for a second. Of course, wanting all the juicy details. "Nope. I'm a single pringle. Dating its hard in this line of work, let alone maintaining a relationship" I sighed. "That's true. it can be difficult" Kevin agreed with me. 

A few more hours went by, I slowly sipped my beer, remembering the times spent back at the BAU. How spencer hated going out but went anyway , then went on a information rant making everyone groan. I loved that about him tho. How Derek- 

"You okay?" Jay asks interrupting my thoughts. "Huh oh yeah, just thinking" I say giving him a small smile. "I'm here is you wanna talk" He offers. "One day. I promise." I say. He nods understanding. 

Just like that the night ended and the weekend followed. 

[A/N: So this is my first time writing a CPD/MD fan fiction. just a small reminder, I had this idea for a while now and I wanted to try write one. There is no major crossover from Criminal minds. Do tell me what you think of this chapter. I know its a bit short but I hope you like it! I promise I'll get better at it ahahaha. Will and Elena meet next chapter! - xoxo M]