Chapter 7 - Spirit Instructor

Adonis' Pov

Frigg: "Alright let's begin our lessons!"

Currently I was out in the wilderness with Frigg after packing some essentials as I was going to be doing this training with her. She was currently in her humanoid form with her hands on her hips and chest puffed out.

"Yeah, yeah I'm in your hands now."

Frigg: "Yes yes, now let's start with a question or two."

"Okay."

Frigg: "Since ice seems to be your main element, let me ask, what do you believe the element of ice itself is? I'm not saying something like it's cold, a deeper meaning."

I held my chin with my thumb and index finger in thought as I pondered what the answer could be. 

"Aloof. Ice is pretty aloof and haughty since it can both attack and defend really well along with utility things as well. 'Cuz of that it has high standards to be used mainly a solid imagination and foundation along with understanding."

Frigg: "Good good! Now what about nature?"

"Erm... plant go brrr?"

Frigg: "A "brrr"? No no, it's support. You see most people will initially align it with life but it's not. It is to support life."

She then brought her hand down to the ground with a small stem growing from the ground slowly.

Frigg: "Plants consume carbon dioxide and provide oxygen to all, special herbal plants with healing properties to aid beasts or people that use them. And obviously..."

The stem had grown to a large stalk that mixed with growing bark to form a plant golem twice my size.

Frigg: "...Creation. Your first task is to create 20 replicas of this golem. I already taught you the basic stem, stalk and bark skills, this will be the culmination of all those skills."

Afterwards she picked up a comic of mine that she'd been reading and went to sit down in a plant made hammock. I just looked at her in disbelief before I then looked up to the golem she made and knocked my fist against the bark.

'Seems easy enough.'

I walked back from it and placed my hands on the ground before focusing my mana onto the ground. The resulting stalks and bark twisted and entwined together only for it to end in an amalgamation that was nowhere near the golem Frigg made.

Frigg: "Not as easy as you thought huh?"

'This will take a while...'

Timeskip

"I did it!"

Around two days had passed since I was given this challenge and I eventually was able to create my own golem. It wasn't the same as Frigg's since it was more slim than the one she had made, speaking of she finished the issue she was reading and walked over to inspect it. She circled around it with a critical eye then knocked on the bark a bit before stepping back.

Frigg: "Let's have them fight."

She snapped her fingers causing her golem to get into a grappler stance so I did the same and my golem started shuffling. The two charged at each other with the larger one going for a grab but mine jumped over it and kicked it's head then jumped off.

Since mine wasn't as bulky it was able to nimbly move between any attack that was thrown at it and countered swiftly. Eventually my golem had won but it did sustain some damage from the few attacks that had landed.

Frigg: "You did what was asked but it's smaller than expected."

"It's about quality not quantity."

My summon's eyes then shifted below my waist.