Chapter 12 - Unstoppable Force vs Immoveable Object

Fan's Pov

I was tying my shoe laces as I was about to go to class, it's been a few months now and I've gotten used to the workload. I'm just confused as why there's so much paperwork involved in fighting.

Fan: 'Thankfully I have a duel class today.'

Adonis: "Fan-fan, wait real quick."

I stopped opening the door halfway and looked back to see my brother stumbling over with a seemingly heavy case in hand.

"The hell is this?"

I asked my brother looking at the case he was holding out towards me, I noticed the bags underneath his eyes.

Adonis: "A brotherly gift, go on take it."

Deciding not to enquire further I took the case and began to open it up, my eyes widened at what I was looking at before I closed it to look at Don.

"For me?"

Adonis: "Yep, rather than buy you one I decided to make one for you, I've lost a lot of sleep over it."

Looking down at the case once more I couldn't help but smile slightly before I quickly removed my smile and turned to leave.

"Go sleep, Ray Charles would be able to see your bags."

Adonis: "You're welcome spoilt sis~"

Closing the door behind me I looked to see Jinx, Zeri and Vex all out waiting for me and made my way towards them for us to walk for the bus.

Jinx: "Hey girl!"

Zeri: "Good morning."

Vex: "What's with the case, you in a band now?"

"Adonis gave it to me."

Jinx: "Lemme see!"

I held Jinx away from me as she outstretched her arms to try and grab it.

"Buzz off."

I pushed her away but she lunged at me repeatedly to try and get the case which I simply held out of her reach.

Jinx: "Come on just a peek you brocon- Ow!"

"Don't call me that."

Jinx held the spot that I hit while I simply moved on.

Timeskip

3rd Person Pov

Fan was stretching her arms and neck, feeling satisfying cracks shaking through her body. The cow Vastayan stood in the school's arena ready for combat as it was her turn to be called upon to spar against her classmate, Taliyah.

Taliyah: "Hey, it's, like, nice to meet you! Let's, like, have a great fight!"

Fan simply nodded as she saw her opponent's carefree smile that reminded her of a certain half-yordle man. However, she continued staring at Taliyah for a bit before smiling slightly and getting into her stance.

Fan: '...She's cute.'

And with the sound of the buzzer the two combatants were off with Taliyah riding a rock slide and Fan flying with wind. Despite flying however, Fan was slower than Taliyah's ride.

Fan: 'Earth isn't particularly known for it's speed, she must have a high affinity for it.'

The flying ox gathered wind between her hands before throwing the attack towards her opponent who simply jumped off her rockboard to stomp the ground, erecting a wall of stone to block the attack simply. Fan simply followed up with a crescent shaped wind attack slicing the wall easily but Taliyah wasn't seen behind it.