ch. twenty

EREN

The door opened suddenly, causing Y/N and me to quickly separate. Armin was standing there, a worried expression on his face. His blue eyes were focused on Y/N.

"Sasha needs you, like right now. She's going crazy and crying," he explained.

Y/N gasped, "What happened?"

"Niccolo happened. I don't know what exactly but she keeps sobbing his name. She told me to find you."

She nodded, "I'll be right there. Thank you Armin."

"Of course," he glanced between the both of us, a knowing look flashing in his eyes. He shut the door behind him gently, leaving Y/N and me alone again.

"Update me when you can, alright? I'll probably be here for the rest of the day. I'll kick Niccolo's ass if I have to," I threatened.

Y/N smiled at me, wordlessly cupping my cheeks and smashing her lips against mine. Every bone in my body felt paralyzed. Her lips were soft, the exact thing I had been yearning for for as long as I could remember. My arms snaked around her waist, pulling her closer to me. She let out a content sigh as we continued to kiss. Her touch felt electric as she wrapped her arms around my neck, holding onto me for dear life.

She pulled away, resting her forehead on mine, "I have to go now."

"I know," I muttered. "I love you so much."

Y/N gave me a final quick peck, "I love you more."

I watched her sadly as she walked to the door. She gripped the handle tightly and turned to me, "I'll be back soon, okay?"

I nodded, "Let me know if you or Sasha need anything. I'll be there in an instant."

"Thank you Eren," she smiled, and left the room.

I sat there, completely shocked with the events that just occured. Part of my mind was blank, and the other part was racing with thoughts. I glanced at the notebook resting where she was just sitting. My entire body and heart aches for her. How did Armin even know she was here?

I shook my head and grabbed the notebook, flipping to the last page, too curious to wait.

. . .

Dear Eren,

It's been so hard trying to let go. It's taken years and I still haven't moved on. How could I when I'm constantly around you? You'd think the way you treat me would have me gone in an instant, but... I swear the Eren I knew is still in there. I see it every now and then. Especially that day you saved my life.

When you were hurt... It took everything in me not to stay at the side of your bed all hours of the day until you woke up. It broke me to see you like that. Armin stopped me when I left one day. We always talk about you. I wonder if you talk about me as much as I do you.

Do you think of me? Do you wish things were different? Do you even miss me at all?

I want to ask you, but what am I expecting? You decided for things to be the way they are. If you wanted to fix it, you would.