ch. twenty-five

"Training starts in five minutes. You'll be split into groups between me, Hange, and Erwin. He'll be picking from a few of you, as well as Hange. I'll have however many of you brats are left over. Got it?"

"Yes sir!" we all said in unison as Captain Levi turned away from us. I began checking my ODM gear, making sure it was fine before I used it to kill any Titans as part of our training.

"You know," Floch looked at me. "We've never really talked."

"And what gives you the idea that I want to?"

His eyes widened at my words, shock more than evident on his face. "Look," he spat, getting closer to me. "I know I wasn't easy to get along with a few years ago. But we've all grown up. We're all on the same team here. I'm just trying to be friendly. Fix what I fucked up back then."

Floch was most certainly not my favorite person. He had a habit of complaining and starting useless drama between anyone and everyone. He liked to pretend he knew it all and couldn't keep himself out of anyone's business. It was hard to depend on him for literally anything.

I stopped paying any attention to him long ago, so I have no idea what kind of "growing up" he claims he's done -- but I wasn't interested, especially because he tried ruining me and Sasha's friendship over a misunderstanding.

I met Floch's gaze with a glare as I took a step closer to him, our faces inches apart. "No one else on this team has had to earn my friendship. But you? A simple conversation isn't gonna erase any of the bullshit you pulled between me and Sasha. Not to mention any of my other friends. So if you wanna fix the damage you caused, I think an actual apology with plenty of proof you can be a decent fucking person is a good starter," I spat back at him.

His brows furrowed as he narrowed his eyes at me. I expected him to say something slick back, but all he did was inhale deeply and straighten his posture as he grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips, gently kissing it before letting go.

"I'm deeply sorry for any of the trouble I've caused you and your friends. I was immature. But I've learned my lesson," he apologizes, and bends down close to my ear. "You want proof? I'll give it to you," he whispers before giving me a smirk and walking away.

I stood there, stunned. I blinked away my surprise when Eren approached me, his tantalizing gaze studying me.

"What was that?"

"I don't know," I shook my head.

"Well what did he say?"

I met his eyes and smiled sweetly, "Jealous?"

"As if Floch has anything against me," he grinned confidently.

"Exactly," I played along, laughing.

"No but seriously, what did he want? I've never seen you two talk before. I heard the beginning of the conversation until fucking Conny started talking to me."

"What'd you hear?"

"You shoot him down," he grinned again. "You're sexy when you're mad."

"I was not mad," I rolled my eyes. "I just don't like him."

"No one does. Now tell me what he wanted with my girl."

I bit my lip, holding back a smile. "I told him to prove he's a decent person after all those years of being a dick. Then he apologized to me and told me I'd get proof. Whatever that means," I shrugged.

"He didn't have to get so close just to apologize," Eren huffed.

"You're sexy when you're jealous," I smirked, using his words against him.