ch. twenty-three

Blood dripped down my body as I fell to the ground, the Titan stumbling directly beside me due to me cutting the nape of its neck. I grit my teeth in disgust as it's big eyes seemed to look through me.

"You good?" Sasha yelled to me.

"I'm good!" I gave her a thumbs up, wincing as the pain traveled through my ankle when I stood up. I had no choice but to ignore it as another Titan approached me. I flew through the air, slicing the back of its legs, watching as it fell to the ground loudly.

Mikasa helped me by quickly slicing its neck open, not even giving me a glance as she went to help Armin. I observed my surroundings, my gaze going directly to Eren as his glowing green eyes met mine while biting into a Titan's arm, completely ripping it from his body. He then flung it to the ground, stomping on its neck again and again to ensure it was dead.

I heard a scream, and it instantly grabbed my attention as I saw a Titan grab hold of Jean. Without even a second thought, I flew through the air, so focused on him that I didn't see another Titan behind me as it hit me out of the air. I slammed onto the ground, and as my head hit a rock, my vision blurred. A ringing was loud in my ears, but I forced myself up again.

Jean was almost in the Titan's mouth when I appeared again, cutting it's hand off. Jean used his ODM gear before he fell to the ground, and I flew around to slice the nape of the Titan's neck. I was out of breath as I found myself leaning against a tree, squeezing my eyes shut. I could hardly see at this point, and the pain in my head increased. I began to feel nauseous, attempting to keep my eyes open so I don't pass out.

"Y/N!"

I could barely register who was calling to me as I looked around.

"Can you hear me? Y/N?"

Hands grabbed my shoulders, and I saw Reiner's worried expression.

My eyes jolted open as I gasped, "Let go, I have to fight."

"Hell no, your head is bleeding too much. I'll get you to safety okay? Hold on," Reiner lifted me bridal style, and I felt way too weak to fight back.

"Reiner, what's going on?" Captain Levi asked, a hint of concern in his usually monotone voice.

"I don't know, Captain, but she's bleeding badly. She can hardly even pay attention to me," Reiner explained, wiping some blood from my forehead.

I swallowed hard as I met Levi's gaze, "I'm okay, I can fight more."

"Don't be stupid, brat. Sit this one out," he ordered. "We've got this. Reiner, go up the tree and stay with her. I'll call you if you're needed."

"Yes sir," Reiner nodded, holding me tightly as I felt us flying through the air. I felt completely limp in his arms as we finally landed in a tree, his hold on me not loosening a bit.

"Stay awake for me, Y/N," Reiner pleaded. His hands were on my face, gently shaking me. Everything sounded like it was fading away, and I wanted nothing more to give into the feeling.

Stay awake, I demanded myself, trying to focus on his touch to ground me. I sat myself up slowly as Reiner helped me lean against the tree, it's bark cutting into my back.

"I'm up," I grumbled, rubbing my eyes. My sight slowly started to return to normal, but the ringing in my ears was still there.

"Don't even think about it," Reiner rolled his eyes. "I'm not letting you go."

I grit my teeth, clenching my jaws angrily. I felt blood running down my forehead again, and Reiner wiped it away for me. My blood was all over his calloused hands.