Two suns

Still wearing the new cloak, Naruto stared at the man who called himself Naruto's father. Naruto always imagined what it would be like to see the Yondaime Hokage for the first time. Even before he knew the man to be his father, he always saw Minato as his hero and the type of man he wanted to be in the future. As time progressed, mainly when his hunter-nin phase began, the role model feeling got lost and the only goal he wished to accomplish was to rid Konoha of its criminals, so that no harm could ever come to those he wished to protect. When he knew that the man in front of him was actually his father and knowing that it was him who used Naruto as a prison for the Kyuubi, Naruto's respect for the man remained, but only as a figure of great power and skill, not as his father. The letter wrote by him didn't help things much either.

Looking to the right, Naruto saw the woman that claimed to be his mother.

The way both were looking at the hunter-nin indicated that they were waiting for some kind of reaction coming from him at the prospect of finally meeting his long dead parents. However, the thing was that Naruto wasn't aware of the concept of family. He grew up without knowing the love and care that usually came from being raised by a mother and a father. The only concept of family Naruto was introduced to were the Inuzukas, but at the time, both Kiba and Hana were already adults and high level shinobi.

"Son…" Naruto woke up at the word that came from his mother. "Why are you just sitting there?"

Minato suddenly narrowed his eyes upon seeing the truth in Naruto's eyes.

The boy was reluctant of them. When Naruto got up and closed his eyes, the Yondaime Hokage actually believed that his son would open up to them a bit. When Naruto opened them, though, it was the same expression as before.

"Why are you two repeating the word 'son' to me? For all I know, the so called parents of mine died seventeen years ago." Both Minato and Kushina knew that they would have to explain just how they appeared inside Naruto's mind and why only now.

But they both flinched upon hearing the expression 'so called parents' coming from Naruto's mouth. Kushina moved to explain first, but Minato placed his hand in front of her, ushering for her to let him do the talking.

"It seems we owe you an apology Naruto-kun, for as we have yet to explain how it's possible that we are here. You see…" And so, Minato started explaining everything that happened ever since Kushina went to labor and how a man named Madara managed to free the Kyuubi from within Kushina's stomach when the seal was at its weakest, because of her pregnancy. Naruto was shocked to hear that Kushina was the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki before him, but not once did he interrupt the Yondaime's explanation. Naruto's feelings reduced a bit, once he knew that it all started with the leader of Akatsuki freeing the Kyuubi forcing Minato to seal it back inside Naruto.

(AN: I trust that by now, everyone knows of what happened with Minato, Kushina and Madara, so I'll skip the explanation)

"So, after performing the ritual needed to imprison Kyuubi inside of you, I managed to use my and your mother's last bit of energy and sealed that inside of you. Our essence was linked to the seal that kept the Kyuubi at bay. So when you ripped it off, our link to the seal ended and we appeared. We wanted to be with you so badly Naruto…to see you growing up and shaping up to be a man as you've now become." Like before, there was not a single shed of emotion coming from Naruto, except plain stoicism while looking at them. Naruto had one more event to question them about.

Minato wanted for the blond to open up now that he realized that a part of his parents lives inside of him.

"Is this Madara, the same one that leads the Akatsuki? Uchiha Madara…?"

Minato and Kushina knew who Akatsuki was, because they were a part of Naruto's life, so they got to see everything. Minato nodded and explained a bit more.