Shuichi's "home."

FINALLY I FIGURED OUT WHAT IM GONNA DO WITH THIS FUCKING STORY

Shuichi POV

God, why'd I do that?! Even after Kokichi said it was okay, my face was still red while we were in line at the ice cream shop. The holding hands things was just a thing I did with my mom and she's-

"Saihara-kun, there's some ice cream on your cheek." Kokichi's soft voice threw me out of my thoughts. I opened my mouth to speak but before I could respond Kokichi wiped the ice cream off with a spare napkin. I felt myself become even more shy; I averted my eyes to the side as I muttered out a response.

"T-Thanks Oma-kun."

"It's nothing." While Kokichi and I spoke at the park, I noticed his hair color. It was much more black in the photo I saw on the school website. In person, it's more purple, and if the sunlight hits it just right, it gives off a pinkish type of hue. Maybe it does the same in the moonlight..like a pink in the night. That could be an interesting idea for a song- but now is not the time.

I was having such a fun time with Kokichi, but you know what they say, all good things must come to an end. While we were talking his phone ended up ringing.

"Hey mom! What's up?" Kokichi chimed as he answered the phone.

"Huh!?! That was TODAY?! I'm sorry mom! I'll be right over-" Kokichi seemed distressed, he hastily put his phone in his bag and quickly got up. Whatever Kokichi apparently forgot was today seemed like it was really important.

"Oma-kun! Is everything okay?? Is something wrong??"

"Oh, yea! I promised my mom I would have a horror movie marathon tonight, she ordered food and everything!"

"Oh..well that's nice!" I felt my stomach feel sick at Kokichi's comment, the sudden urge to leave overwhelmed me. I said a quick goodbye and rushed past Kokichi.

"Eh? Saihara wait-"

Third Person POV

Shuichi was already gone, too busy with his own thoughts to hear Kokichi telling him to wait up. He ran to his home, not his home really, the house he was staying in for this tour, it was just him and his uncle.

No one else.

"Uncle? You home?" There was no response, rather his uncle is out doing whatever the hell he does, or just passed out in his bedroom. Even though the man wasn't the best, he tries, Shuichi knows he tries.

But they both know it's will never be enough.

Shuichi stumbled up into his bedroom, he set his phone on his drawer. Staring at the framed photo sitting beside, a photo of Shuichi and his mother. It had to been at least 2 years ago, around when he was maybe 15? She looked so happy, so proud of Shuichi. Nowadays, not so much, in fact Shuichi hasn't heard from her in months.

Shuichi sighed and began to dig around in his drawer.

He picked up a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

"I really shouldn't.." Shuichi whispered to himself, he tried to convince himself not to, but when no one is there to stop you..it makes things a lot easier to do.

Shuichi yet again stumbled back outside and lit up a cigarette. He knew that it was killing him slowly, that the time on his life was ticking faster than it should be.

Maybe he found some comfort in that, that life doesn't have to be as long as everyone makes it out to be.

Shuichi watched as the smoke slowly floated off into the air, he finally felt a little more calm, not as anxious as he was when Kokichi said what he said. Then, Shuichi felt a sudden guilt wash over him, he left Kokichi high and dry! How could he do that? The first time they hang out too! He should go apologize- but what if it's already too late and Kokichi hates him-

Shuichi lit another cigarette.

After writing this I feel like one of those 11 year olds who are like "uwu I wrote angst so cute!!" hopefully it doesn't come off this way, anyways I'm going to go to sleep it's like 4am or something here idk

- L