You Accidentally Offend Him

Valt:

You sighed as you watched Valt practice the same launch move over and over again.

"Valt, why don't you take a break for today? You're not exactly getting anywhere." He joked lightly.

But your words made Valt look at you with genuine hurt, and you instantly felt bad.

"You don't think I can do it?" He asked softly.

"Of course I do." You insisted gently. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant a break would do you good."

Valt nodded a little. "Yeah okay, you're right." You smiled.

Shu:

Shu lifted up his hair to reveal his scar with a smile as you two completed a battle.

"Yeah yeah, we get it, emo boy." You teased as you grabbed your bey.

But Shu didn't find it funny, instantly looking self-concious. "I'm not...trying to be emo."

You winced. "Oh, I'm sorry Shu, I shouldn't have joked about that. Honestly, I think it's great you've found a way to have pride in the scar."

He smiled at you, looking relieved. "Thanks, Y/N."

Ken:

"T-T-This movie is intense..." Ken gulped, you two were at his house for a movie night.

You laughed. "Do you need to break out Besu and Keru?" You joked.

Ken froze, and looked at you with wide eyes full of hurt and humiliation. He frowned deeply and looked down at his lap.

Your eyes widened as you realized what you said. "Oh...no, Ken, I'm sorry. There's nothing wrong with needing the puppets, I know they help with your anxiety." You tried to soothe, setting your hands on his shoulders.

"...I know it's lame." He whispered sadly.

"It is not." You shook your head firmly. "We all have our struggles, and it's good that you've found a way to work around them."

"Really?" He asked hesitantly.

You smiled. "Really."

He smiled in thanks, before leaning over and pecking you on the lips.

Rantaro:

"Oh yeah, Y/N you ready for this?" Rantaro asked with a grin as he prepared to battle Shu up on the roof. Shu had come by to visit the club.

You snorted. "For the most predictable battle ever? Sure."

"Huh? What do you mean?" Valt asked curiously.

You blinked, and realized everyone was staring at you. "Well it's just...I mean...there's no way Rantaro could beat Shu..."

Rantaro's eyes widened, and then he scowled. "Y-You don't know until the battle is over!" He snapped.

You froze. "I..." You realized everyone had similar expressions of hurt and irritation.

Finally, you faced Rantaro properly. "I'm sorry Rantaro, you're right, I shouldn't assume anything. And I do believe in you, truly."

"So you think there's a chance I could win?" He asked hopefully.

"Of course, there's always a chance." You smiled encouragingly. "You got this!"

Rantaro grinned. "Thanks Y/N. Oh yeah, I'm fired up now! Let's get this started!"

Free:

Free panted tiredly as he pulled the large boulder along by a rope.

You anxiously watched from the side, your ER nurse training getting the better of you. "Um...Free? Maybe you should take a break..."

He ignored you and kept pulling, you could see the veins in his arms bulging out.

You gritted your teeth. "If you keep going like this, you're just going to hurt yourself!" You scolded.

Instantly, Free's pupils shrunk as he glared at you.

You frowned deeply at his harsh gaze.

"If you don't...think I can handle...this level of training..." He started irritably between pants. "Then go home." He snapped.

Your eyes widened in shock, and you watched him continue to pull the boulder along.

Maybe he was pushing himself...but there was a reason Free was the best.

He knew his limits better than you did.

Hesitantly, you jogged you catch up to him. "I...I'm sorry, Free. I was just worried. I just don't like seeing you hurt. I shouldn't've tried to hold you back."

Instantly, Free's gaze softened, and he slowly stopped his walking and let go of the rope.

You looked at him in surprise. "Free?..."

"I shouldn't worry you. I'm not supposed to worry you." He said like a fact. "I'm supposed to make you feel safe."

Your heart swelled at his words. "You do." You promised. "Always. And I don't mind if you keep training but...maybe take a little lunch break?"

He nodded, a tiny smile forming on his lips. "Sounds good, Y/N."