1.) Good Kid

"Trust me, the more elaborate it is, the better grade you'll get." I assure her.

"Are you sure? Maybe we can leave the backup snakes at home." Luz says nervously.

"But what if you need them?"

"Good point. Ready to go?" Luz asks.

"Not before this!" Mom calls as she walks over to them from the kitchen. "Feliz cumpleaños, cariño." She says as she hugs her eldest.

"Gracias, mamá! No puedo esperar a la fiesta este fin de semana." I smile through the lie.

"You're so lucky your birthday's on a Friday." Luz sighs.

"Don't cause any trouble today, both of you." Mom says while ushering us to the door.

"We wouldn't dream of it." Luz assures.

"Why are you late to class again? We have a competition in one week. And why are you wearing jeans?" Coach Paloma asks.

"Chill out, C.P. With me as Captain, we've got this in the bag. And don't worry, I'll change out in a minute." I assure while tossing my bag on the floor.

"I don't think you're taking this seriously enough. We have routines to clean and Molly still can't get those turns right. Tell everyone to start stretching, I'll be in my office." She scoffs before walking away.

"Palmoa pissed at you again?" Maggie asks.

"Yeah but she'll get over it as usual." I laugh it off.

"Well, happy birthday." She nudges my shoulder. "We should just skip this class. What's the worst that could happen?"

"We get caught and kicked off the team."

"As if that would happen." She laughs.

"Okay, I'll pretend to be sick." I laugh.

I walk over to the middle of the room where everyone can see me. The conversations don't stop but they'll all see what's happening. I prep my turn and go into a triple pirouette before I cover my mouth with my hand.

"I forgot to spot! I- I'm gonna be sick!" I yell before I make a run for it to leave and pick up my bag on the way out.

"Here, I'll help you to the nurses office." Maggie rushes after me. The door slams shut and we both erupt in laughter.

"Maybe we can go check on my sister's book report." I laugh.

"The freshman? Lame. You only turn sixteen once, let's get out of here."

"Not so fast." Mr. Hal stops us.

"Princy-H! Good to see you." I try but he doesn't look impressed at all.

"My office, now." He says sternly.

"Buzzkill." Maggie whispers.

He takes Maggie in first to talk. The office staff just gives me annoyed looks. I'm in here at least once a week so they're all kinda tired of me. My arms are crossed and my headphones are in. My foot taps to the beat and my head even moves slightly.

"Y/N?" Luz speaks up and my eyes widen.

"No, no, no, what are you doing here?"

"So, the book report didn't go well to say the least." She sighs while taking a seat beside me. "Long story short, I lost the extra snakes and they're calling Mamá."

"Dios mío, esto es muy malo." I whisper.

"What did you do?" Luz asks.

"I skipped class and got caught."