14.) Foolish Behavior

Y/N || The Golden Guard

  "The echo-mouse still won't give me any information about Phillip." Luz sighs.

  "El me hace enojar tanto. Hijueputa." I mumble.

  "The echo mouse? Also, you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Luz asks.

  "No, not the echo mouse. And I haven't seen my mom in two months." I give her a look.

  "No way, really?" She rolls her eyes and goes back to staring at the echo mouse.

  "Scoob, what has Belos told you guys about the Day of Unity?" Eda asks.

  "Just that it's gonna be paradise or something. And I know that it targets people with sigils. Adrian is going to Hexside to give everyone sigils sometime soon so look out for that." I mindlessly explain.

  "This is so annOYing." King's voice cracks again.

  "Ha, demon puberty." I laugh before standing up.

  "No! You're leaving already?" Luz asks.

  "Yeah, I gotta go before they close the gates," I say as Harry transforms into staff form.

  "Okay, I'll see you tomorrow," Luz says before sneezing.

  "Hey, are you getting sick? Take ibuprofen before it gets worse. I might have vivaporu in my bag. I can-" I start.

  "No, I'm fine. Go before you get locked out." Luz laughs. "Oh, wait! You almost forgot." She smirks and kicks her feet.

  "Really? You're fourteen, hermanita." I laugh.

  "I'm waiting." She sighs.

  "Fine." I crouch down to her level and kiss her forehead really quick.

  "You have to say it." Luz rolls her eyes.

  "Dios, fine. Hush, hush, little fish. We are here to make a wish. We close our eyes, and then we start to make a wish with all our heart. You got one?" I ask and she nods.

  "I want this echo mouse to show me something from the diary." She groans.

  "Okay, can I go now?" I ask and point to the door.

  "Yeah, whatever." She sighs and turns back to the mouse.

  "Night, everyone," I say before opening the door, only getting a hum from them. I shut the door behind me and immediately see the house demon ugly sobbing. "Jesus, Hooty. Why are you crying?"

  "I just got a letter from Lulu!" He chokes out.

  "Oh, well...have a good night, Hooty," I say awkwardly and start walking to the end of the forest.

  "How we doin' Hoot House?" Hooty yells to the inhabitants of the Owl House as  I take off into the air. I get the feeling that if I had stayed longer, a long sequence of events would've happened only making me more uncomfortable. God, he's creepy.

  I approach the castle after fifteen minutes of flying. Scouts head into the building after I assume their long days. I fly faster so I can go inside already. It's colder tonight and the winds are harsher. My cheeks and nose are cold to the touch so I need to hurry unless I want to be sick like Luz probably is.

  With Mamá working so much, I always had to stay with Luz when she was sick. It always starts two days before she actually gets sick. Maybe a small sneeze or a cough. And then on day three, she acts totally high. Even if she isn't on any cough medicine or isn't actually high.

  I land a few feet from the castle so I can hide Harry. Belos can't take him, I won't let him. Harry hides in the hood of my cloak as I begin walking through the entrance. But the mail demon stands by the door, clearly looking for someone.