15.) Sweet Escape

Hunter || The Golden Guard

  I sit up when my alarm goes off at six. I hear Y/N's going off too and it makes my heart lurch all over again. Belos said he wants to see me this morning so I try to hurry to stand up. The room is still dark because of how early it is. The light is harsh when I turn it on but it's easy to get used too.

  I didn't sleep once I woke up from my dream. It filled my thoughts for three hours. Something about Phillip is so familiar. His voice, his words. He says everything you want to hear. I don't like to think about it for too long. Especially me in my dreams. I look so different like it's not me. Like I'm feeling someone else's feelings. It's terrifying.

  My uniform is neatly laid out on my chair. Y/N's is never all together or meat. Usually, they scramble to find certain pieces or forget things. It's not convenient at all when there's an emergency. But it makes me smile every time and even now just thinking about it. She's taken up almost all of my thoughts these past few days. It's killing me but it's worse knowing that they're right next door.

  I feel so hurt but that didn't give me the right to say half of the things I did. What is wrong with me? I swear on my uncle's life that I never even thought the thing about their dad. My words were just shooting to kill because of how shitty I felt. But I didn't want to burn that bridge. Not when she's making me feel things I don't understand. Dancing with Y/N was the most fun I've had in a long time. And now I can't even look at the boiling sea without thinking of her.

  On my way to my closet, I absolutely eat shit. I slip with a huge crash and a yelp from shock. What the hell? My room is usually in perfect shape with everything lined up perfectly. I sit up on my elbows to see what I slipped on and see a sheet of paper now across the room. I lunge to pick it up and see writing across it.

  "I'm so sorry. - Y/N" I whisper reading it.

  I can't run faster as I go to my desk to grab a sheet of paper. For some reason, I only have a sparkly blue sharpie. I guess that is her favorite color even if it's super embarrassing to write with this. I start writing on it trying to keep my handwriting neat.

  "I'm sorry too."

  Y/N || The Golden Guard
  Three hours later

  "Stop moving!" I urge as my sister wiggles back and forth.

  "Vivaporu no puede ayudarme!" She shouts and sticks her arms up in the air as I try to put some on her neck.

  "It's science! Just stop it and let me help you." I manage to put the slightest bit on before she starts screeching.

  "You have to do the thing. The thing mamá does." She whines.

  "Sana sana colita de rana, sino sanas hoy, sanaras mañana." I comply before she finally stills.

  "Can you sing to me?" She asks.

  "Now you're just messing with me, aren't you?" I sigh and she starts laughing.

  "Put some on my hands." She orders.

  "Your hands? Alright." I shrug and take a glob of the stuff and put it on both of her hands. I rub it in on both before grabbing two socks and putting them over her hands.

  "Slayed that." She sniffles before gasping. "My arms!"

  "What about your arms?" I laugh.

  "They're like...what?" She calms down and starts wiggling them around. Then, the door bursts open with Amity and Eda standing there.

  "Does this look fine to you?" Amity asks Eda.

  "Whoa...it's like I have snakes for arms."

  "Please, she just has the Common Mold. It's harmless!" Eda defends.