28.) For Whom The Bell Tolls

"What are you guys doing here?" Amity asks as she hugs her dad.

  "We're here to take down the Collector, things have been absolute chaos back home," Raine speaks while observing us all. Luz runs to Eda and squeezes the life out of her.

  "Where's King?" Luz asks urgently.

  "With the Collector. We need to get him back but first, we need to get the Collector out of the human realm." Eda explains.

  "Why is he even here? What does he want with us?" I ask.

  "He wants blondie first. He's going on some revenge against Belos rampage and your name is underlined on his list." Eda continues and he looks down. "He's also going after anything with a sigil or anyone associated with him at all, good or bad. So basically the entire Boiling Isles which puts the rest of us on the chopping block too. He could destroy the human realm entirely if we don't do something."

  "My mom isn't even here! She's on a business trip!" Luz panics.

  "Everyone come inside, we're going on lockdown," I order and gesture to the door.

  "Lockdown?" Gus asks nervously.

  "Only until we come up with a plan. But it won't be long, we can't let him destroy the human realm AND the demon realm." I explain and open the door for everyone.

  "Oh, and one more thing! My army will be rolling in soon, get ready for the grand huntsmen!" The Collector giggles and we can hear panic ensue from the city.

  "Of course," I whisper as the group quickly goes inside to avoid the army.

  I'm the last to walk in. Before I come in, I toss our welcome mat over the mailbox to hide our last name. Once I go inside, I lock every lock on the door and go to shut the blinds. Luz takes the group to our living room. All of the windows are locked and the curtains are closed. Once I finish doing that around the house I walk to join them at the table.

  "We need to think of something and fast, the Collector is capable of unspeakable things," Lilith says as I take a seat beside her.

  "Maybe we could convince him that being associated with Belos doesn't mean we support him," Luz suggests.

  "I doubt he'll listen to reason at this point," I say and everyone agrees.

  "What if we use me as bait to get him back to the demon realm? That would work, right?" Hunter speaks up.

  "Maybe but that's a total shot in the dark," Raine admits.

  "And puts you in terrible danger if the plan doesn't go...exactly as planned. Okay, that last part was dumb but you guys know what I mean. The Collector could probably kill us all with the snap of his fingers like Thanos." I try.

  "Who's Thanos?" Darius asks.

  "Doesn't matter. The Collector is already trending on Twitter." Luz raises her voice. "And...NEW TAYLOR SWIFT ALBUM?"

  "Put your phone down and focus. Do you guys have like...news here? I know you don't have crystal balls but do you have a news channel?" Eda asks.

  "We do, I'll put it on." Luz nods before standing up to grab the remote.

  "Evacuate the city! Everyone evacuate!" A police officer on their speaker outside shouts while driving by.

  "Cities across the United States have begun evacuations to safe shelters or bunkers. The being known as the Collector has been proven as not a hoax and is a dangerous individual. The Collector has announced the big states but hasn't left the country yet. His current whereabouts are unknown. There has been no word from the U.S. Government or armed forces. However, officials from the C.R.O.A.K initiative speculate that this could be related to the Frogvasion hoax ten years ago. Stay off the main roads as you evacuate and if possible, don't drive." The woman says before the channel shuts off to an old George Lopez episode.