Chapter 23

2 days had passed by, with Darryl and Zak already had went to the doctor for a check up. The doctor said the baby is forming in a normal rate, with it being healthy. Darryl may experience the occasional symptoms of early pregnancy which is ok. However they should visit the doctor if it gets out of hand.

And the thing that really made Darryl's face turn into a bad mood is when the doctor said Darryl should get some exercise. Of course Zak listened with Darryl doing the same. And let's go to the present, Zak really took the exercise thing seriously as he arranged a hike for him and Darryl. And as of the moment the two are in a car together, Darryl being in the front seat and Zak driving, pretty awkward Darryl could feel.

He also felt awkward yesterday when they went to the doctor, Zak's close presence to him really makes him tense. Darryl still doesn't know why Zak's sudden mood change happened but he feels like he needs to know.

" You good?" Zak asked looking at Darryl for a spilt second before returning his gaze on the road. Darryl swallowed a lump in his throat " yup all good".

Zak could only nod " why do you always look so tense and awkward around me, anything wrong?".

Darryl chuckled forcefully " what no, of course not why would I feel that way... How bad of you to assume that".

Zak released a heavy sigh, he figured " I know, it's a sudden change of treatment but please lower your guard down and let's enjoy this" Zak begged. Darryl bit his bottom lip feeling a bit guilty for that, he doesn't know if Zak had forgiven him or is warming up to him. But he'll try his best to have a good time with the ravenette.

" Ok were here" Zak announced parking in a parking lot, there's the sign of the small hill they'll be hiking on. It's a safe spot said by reviews and highly recommended by pregnant people for hikes as Zak read the reviews.

Darryl got out the car, carrying a water bottle in his hand. He took a whiff of the air smelled fresh he could conclude. Zak got out his car a little afterwards locking it " ok let's get going" he exclaimed.

" It's gonna be a 30 minute hike to the tip of the mountain where there's a grass field and amazing view of nature" Zak explained thrilled.

Darryl could only smile at him, Zak went up the path and started walking he just signaled Darryl to follow. Darryl's a few feet behind Zak, Zak didn't even notice it as he just kept babbling about something, something that Darryl doesn't even understand. They've been hiking for 20 minutes now, Darryl's just a panting mess. Darryl isn't built for long walks.

" This is so fudging tiring" Darryl said breathlessly. Zak chuckled and replied" were almost there anyways, and by then we'd just have a break and enjoy the view. Trust me it's gonna be good just look at your right, right now".

Darryl rolled his eyes, he did looked to his right side and indeed the view is amazing already what's more when they reach the tip. He didn't even know he'd stopped walking, his in a trance right now, smelling the fresh mountain humid air. Just looking at those small dirt hump formation, with the trees at the vacinity, with green some yellow grass covering the lands, with the visible river from afar that has what looks like an old bridge that no one uses, it just makes the view breath taking for first time gazers.

" Told you it has a good view, now let's go finish this hike" Zak told Darryl, Darryl nodded and took out his phone to snap a picture. And with that they continued with their hike, they arrived at the top, it's an an open grass field over looking the area.

It's pretty good Darryl would say, he sat down at the grassy ground looking at the view. He got his water bottle and took the cap off and drank a few gulps of water. " Are you enjoying right now?" Zak asked sitting beside him. Darryl jumped abit before settling back down he just nodded.