CHAPTER-19

Hope

I'm trying and failing at my attempt to not look at Royce. But it's hard to ignore him when he is being a total gentlemen. He opened the door for me, then waited until I sit on my bench and only then went on to sit on his, across from me.

He is even trying to make small talks. But I'm not having any of it. Or atleast I'm pretending to.

After my outburst in the parking lot I'm already on edge. I don't know from where I got the courage to say all of that but I did. And I don't regret any of it.

I'm done living with guilt of sleeping with a committed man. Done with feeling that I'm less than anyone. Done with him treating me like I don't exist.

I want answers and I want them now.

The waiter comes with our food. I've order a double cheese burger with orange juice for myself and Royce has order a pizza.

I take my burger and remove tomatoes and onions from it. I forgot to mention how I like my burger to the waiter so he got it like this. I hate tomatoes and onions uncooked. I'm cool when they're cooked but like this. No chance.

Royce picks the tomatoes and onions that I removed from my burger and put them in this pizza. I don't want acknowledge it but it makes my heart melt a bit. But just because he will eat the tomatoes and onions that removed doesn't mean I'll let him off the hook. He still has a lot of explaining to do.

I take a bite of my burger and it takes everything in me to not moan like an idiot. It's the best meal I've ever had. Or maybe that has everything to do with me being starved.

"This burger is so big it doesn't even fit in my hands." I say around a mouthful.

I notice that Royce has stopped his movements, so I look up to find him smirking with an eyebrow raised.

Oh god!

"You're a pig." I mutter.

"I didn't even say anything." He chuckles.

"Of course, you didn't."

I take a sip of my orange juice and study Royce. I'm not even subtle about it anymore.

He is wearing a black t-shirt with pair of jeans. Such a simple outfit yet he makes it look like he is wearing a tux or something. The way the t shirt clungs to

My parents growing up taught me that the clothes you're wearing doesn't make you look good, but in fact you're the one who make the clothes look good.

Now I know what they meant.

"Not even being subtle about it now, I see." He comments.

"Being fully honest is better than hiding and being subtle." I throw shade at him.

He let's out a humming sound.

I don't know if caught it or not though.

This guy is so infuriating.

We eat in silence after that. I can't let this twat ruin my burger.

Long after I finish my burger he is still enjoying his God know what number of pizza slice. This is so unfair for us humans that this dude can eating however much he wants and still look like a Versace model and I'm bloating after only 1 burger.

Life is so unfair.

I wait patiently for the nest 5 minutes for him to finish eating.

Okay maybe not patiently but still waited

After finishing his last slice. He takes his time to chew it and lick his finger clean.

He is doing it on purpose to get a reaction but he won't be getting any.