ii. singing pirates

as the group walked across rickety wooden planks a pirate in the crows nest of a boat shouted out.

"hey guys! they're here!" he shouted causing a chorus of cheers to erupt from pirates below.

"welcome!" a pirate who happened to be very nice to look at pushed ben to the side and spread his arms. dahlia found herself staring at his muscles before she snapped her gaze away.

"finally!" a girl with blue braids laughed.

mal walked front and center as the rest of the group branched out around her. dahlia took to the left side, closest to the side where the plank was.

dahlia was by no means shocked when the singing and dancing started seeing as how people seemed to break out into song at random times now.

instead of joining in on the sing off, dahlia chose to stare at the handsome pirate who was stood with ben at the plank.

the girl who blue braids walked up to mal as she began going off on the her. instead she watched with an amused expression. but all dahlia could focus on was the pirate boy who walked over.

dahlia quickly walked over to where the rest of her group was stood behind mal, realizing she should at least try and look intimidating. she also just really wanted a closer look at the pirate who now stood behind the blue pirate girl.

man she really needed to learn their names.

"all it takes is one swing and i'll humiliate him." the handsome pirate began and dahlia found herself swooning at his accent.

"matter of fact make one wrong move and i'll debilitate him." he walked over and ran his hook through mals hair.

"and if he even starts to slip i'll eliminate him! all it takes is one wrong look and i'll!" he had begun to shout.

"harry we get it. chill!" the blue haired girl pushed him behind her.

so his name was harry...

and right away the singing began again and dahlia sighed as she leaned against the bridge as everyone began to dance and sing.

ben began to sing and dahlia almost laughed. she loved ben like a brother but she couldn't understand why he would try and reason with the people who had him walking the plank.

"hey! we don't have to choose. we don't have to light the fuse. mal, whatever you do it's gonna be a lose-lose. there's gotta be a better way!" dahlia hid her smile behind her hand as everyone stopped to stare at him.

"uma. i promise i'll give you your chance, you'll have your say!"

and her name was uma.

"silly king. you give me? you're gonna give me a chance? well not a chance!" she pointed a sword at ben and dahlias eyes widened.

mal held up the wand and walked towards uma but stopped.

"hold up. mm to easy." uma smirked. "why don't you give it a test drive. we want to see if it works."

dahlia anxiously looked around and her eyes quickly found dude sitting off to the side and she tapped evie, trying to convey the message.

"you always were quite the drama queen." mal forced a tight smile.

uma let out a fake laugh, "oh and nothing to big or else ben is fish bait."

"we're dead." jay sighed not having seen dude.

mal turned towards dude after seeing carlos cock his head in the dogs direction and waved the fake wand. "although it seems absurd... turn your bark into a word."