iii. flooded yatchs

dahlias room was a safe haven to the girl. seeing as she got her own room, it was quite spacious and as personal as the girl wanted it to be.

she had plants all over the place with a desk in one corner and her bed on the other side of the room from it. she even had two wardrobes seeing as she had so many clothes and a vanity full of all her makeup sitting in between the two.

her windowsill had one singular flower pot on it, and it was a Sundrop flower. which her mother declared Coronas national flower when she became queen. she started planting tons of the flowers in the palaces greenhouse, but the general public wasn't allowed to use them for their power.

in the palace they were mostly used for decoration. but the doctors in Corona were allowed to use small amounts of the flower in medicine. just enough to help cure illnesses but not enough to give anyone powers.

dahlia took good care of the flower, using it to make herself tea whenever she felt sick. she kept a copy of the recipe in a cookbook inside a locked drawer in her desk, making sure no one would get into the book and use the recipe for wrong-doings.

a cushiony spinning chair was sat at her desk while she had two other bean bag chairs sat in the corner with a rug in front of them and a small coffee table between them. she often used that space for when her friends wanted to talk or needed a place to relax.

her bed was full of blankets and stuffed animals that were left to get picked up in the morning after they got kicked to the floor when dahlia felt to hot to even breathe. she didn't want to risk putting a fan in her room and having her hair get tangled in it so she was left with the schools below adequate air conditioning to cool her in sweltering heat.

and placed upon her desk were displays of gleaming crystals and her tarot cards, an ability she picked up when she was young and met a kind witch in Corona. she quickly developed a knack for readings even though no one in her family had any ties to tarot.

it was a hobby of hers, similar to her mothers hobby of painting. of course, dahlia can't even draw a dog to save her life so her room was empty of art supplies.

but courtesy of her mother, and most definitely against the schools rules, her walls had the floating lanterns that were oh-so sacred to her family painted upon them. and somehow those very same painted-on lanterns emitted a faint glow at night when dahlia switched her light off.

yes, dahlia certainly loved her room.

so when evie slammed her door open and invaded the peace the girl previously felt she wasn't to happy.

"dahlia what the hell are you doing? cotillion is tonight! you have to start getting ready right away."

"evieeee." dahlia whined, "i'm to tired to go. i'll send him a gift or something!"

evie pursed her lips and shook her head, "dahlia you have to come! listen, mal is going to need you there tonight."

that simple fact made dahlia give in to evies pleading stare, "fine. but i'm not staying for the whole thing."

"yay! perfect i'll go grab the dress i made for you."

"you didn't even get my measurements!" dahlia threw her hands up in defeat.

as evie ran off to her room dahlia sat down at her vanity and began on her makeup. rapunzels signature color was purple, but dahlias was light pink. not to be confused with audrey's signature hot pink of course.

so naturally she assumed evie made her dress with the color scheme of pink. so she stuck with that theme for her makeup too as she applied pink eyeshadow.