iv. girl talk

evie insisted that dahlia, mal and lonnie had a girl talk session before they left for break. so dahlia offered up her room for their spot.

she grabbed some cookies and chips and drinks from the kitchen to bring to her room so they could have snacks while they talked and made sure she was all packed to head back home before the girls arrived.

a loud knock sounded on her door as soon as dahlia placed the container of cookies down and she brushed her hands off before opening the door.

behind it, stood all three girls she was expecting.

"wow you guys are right on time." she smiled.

"as always," evie let out a cheeky grin. "i like that you have your hair down!"

"yeah it looks awesome!" lonnie piped up and mal nodded along.

"thanks, i feel like i needed to give it a break after having it in a braid for so long." dahlia invited the girls in.

"sooo evie, what prompted this little session." mal nudged her friend once she was sat comfortably on a bean bag.

"dahlia has serious chemistry with harry hook and we need to address it!" evie squealed.

dahlia threw her head back and huffed, "we met once!"

"what harry hook? as in umas first mate harry hook?" mals mouth dropped open.

"yes! they met when we were rescuing ben and had a total romcon moment!"

lonnie laughed and nodded, "i swear dahlia was blushing the whole way back to auradon."

"i was not!" she gasped.

she totally was.

"ok wait, i need the full story." mal raised her hands.

"fine..." dahlia sighed.

everyone seemed to be getting ready to leave so she began running towards the group but was quickly cut off by the handsome pirate who went by the name of harry. who for some reason now had wet hair?

"hello dear." he smiled wickedly at her.

dahlia panicked as he pushed her up against a wooden pole and grinned down at her.

"why do you pirates always wear leather?" she practically shouted in his face as she couldn't think of anything else to say.

he made a face but ignored her odd question, "now who might you be? and what's a pretty lil thing like you doin' on the isle?" his scottish accent rang through her ears and she swore it sounded like what heaven looked like.

"uhm i actually come here a lot! yeah definitely uhm i like your rings uhm nice eyeliner!" she stuttered out a lie, not prepared at all for this conversation.

the boy made another face at her odd commentary but yet again ignored her. he opened his mouth to say something again but dahlia cut him off.

"did you know this is actually my favourite lipgloss!" she smiled nervously.

"can i taste it?" he leaned down towards her lips.

"uhm well!" she quickly pulled the tube of it out of her pants. "here! you can keep it i guess uhm it tastes like strawberries but uhm i mean enjoy!"

before he could do anything besides grab the tube from her he was pushed away from her by carlos which stunned him long enough to give them time to get away from him.