viii. back to school

the time had finally come. dahlia was now on her way back to auradon prep after the summer, but now with her new friend. samuel white, who preferred to be called sam.

they had been riding in the same limo that carried dahlia to Corona at the beginning of summer break, but dahlia was feeling much more energized than she was the last time. unfortunately, the same couldn't be said for their driver.

apparently the driver, who's name dahlia was unaware of, had misplaced his keys to limo and spent half the morning searching his house for them only to find them still in the car. which meant he had to call someone to open the limo so he could hurry to pick dahlia and sam up.

dahlias nerves were jumbled considering this meant she would be late for janes birthday party, which dahlia promised she would be at.

"relax. it'll be okay, she won't be mad at you." sam glanced at dahlia before returning to his book.

"i just feel bad." she sighed and started fiddling with the ends of her hair.

"i know, but it's fine. we're almost there anyways! we can have our driver put the stuff in the dorms while we head to janes party!"

dahlia nodded and took a deep breath, they still had 45 minutes left in their drive so she may as well relax.

"yeah... ok."

-

"what the hell?"

"is campus always this dead?" sam raised his eyebrows at the still school grounds. there wasn't a person in sight.

"no... something isn't right. we've got to find evie and mal."

dahlia quickly set off towards the castle, figuring it was the best place to start. she made her way down the hall and traced her hand down the scratches on the wall.

she moved even quicker when she heard cheering coming from a room farther down the hall.

"sammy! c'mon i think there's people down here."

"right with you, goldie." he grabbed her hand and picked up his pace.

they reached the room full of dahlias friends quickly and dahlia laughed in relief.

"evie!" she quickly ran towards the girl, dragging sam with her.

"dahlia?!" everyone in the room turned towards the two new people.

"hi!" she smiled awkwardly.

"well, well, well. i remember you, dearie."

oh my god. dahlias eyes widened as soon as she heard the pirates voice.

"goldie is this your pirate?" sam leaned down and whispered in her ear.

all dahlia could do was let out a squeak in response.

"wait, you two can catch up later. dahlia who the hell is this with you and why are you so late?" mal stepped in front of harry before he could get to close to dahlia.

"well it's kind of a long story, my limo driver lost his keys and then he realized they were locked in his car so he had to call someone to get the keys out of the car and there was major traffic on the way here!" dahlia spit out all in one breath, "oh and this is sammy! son of snow white."

sam waved slightly, "i just go by sam."

evie smiled at the girl and pulled her into a quick hug, "we were just about to do an ice breaker! we say something we like about the other person."

evie looked around the room before her eyes landed on harry, "harry. great accent! now you go."

"is she always this perky?" uma eyed the girl as if she was crazy.