1.

(Y'all sorry if i describe her as a pick me or telling the story weirdly i started writing this without thinking about an actual story😭)

After the Müller family moved in Avonlea in august, a month later Adelina started school.
She was nervous, but still, she brushed it off. With straight back, with a raised chin she walked in, wearing a yellow - white dress, like the other girls had. A yellow ribbon in her hair, which was like Diana Barry's. The only girl she knew was Diana, their parents know eachother. Adelina walked to the desk which was close to the teacher's, and sat down, alone. Listening to the others, she closed her eyes, imagining she's all alone there in peace.
Just a few seconds later, she felt someone tapping her shoulder. She looked up, and it was a boy with brown eyes and blonde hair.

"I'm Billy. You're the new girl, Adelina?" - he asked.

"Nice to meet you too, and yes, why?"

"Great! Um.. Let me introduce you to my friends" - he grinned and raised his hand to help the girl stand up, which she declined.

"I'll be friends with whoever I want to, I can talk, dummkopf " (idiot) - she said and rolled her eyes. The boys in the background started laughing, and Billy walked back to his seat. The girl out of curiousity, looked to her right, and saw another boy staring at her, making eyecontact. He was quite tall, with brown hair and eyes. He smiled at her, which she returned.

"Class, take your seats and open your book on the first page." - the teacher finally came in, giving Adelina a book and stared at her for a few seconds. The girl looked down at her desk, then took the book and opened it.

*  *  *

After class, Diana walked up to Adel, and greeted her, they haven't seen eachother in years. Adelina gasped and hugged her, she really liked her.

"Hi Adel! Let me introduce you to Anne" - she smiled. The other one nodded, but she was confused.
Diana lead her friend to a redhead, she was very pretty.

"Hello, I am Anne. With an E." - she grinned and raised her hand.

"Red hair" - Adelina touched the girl's hair, Anne swallowed, thinking the other one is gonna judge her - "Beautiful, in my school, there were a lot of redheads. I'm jealous, I think it's unique" - Adel smiled and shaked hands with Anne - "I'm Adelina Müller"
Anne smiled, no one ever complimented her hair, or just her, it was unusual to her.

"Thank you, I think you look beautiful too!" - Anne smiled.

"Mrs. Müller" - the teacher walked up to the new girl, the mentioned turned around - "Here are your books." - he said and nodded.
Adelina took it all, and put it on her desk.

After school, the girl wanted to walk home but a boy behind her called her name.

"Hey, Adeline, right?"

"Yes. And you are?"

"Gilbert Blythe. Pleasure to meet you" - he smiled and raised his right hand. The girl shaked hands with him, and Gilbert offered to walk her home, which she accepted, again.

"Why are you walking me home?" - she asks.

"Looks like our ways to school is the same. You probably dont live far away from my house, and I'm trying to be nice. I mean.. I only can walk you for a while, my father is sick, I have to take care of him."

"Thank you, and I understand" - she smiles.

They talk on their way, and they become friends.
"Well.. This is where I live, uhm.. See you tomorrow. Bye" - Gilbert smiles and walks off.

"Right. Bye." - Adelina says and hurries home.
When she arrives, her little brother greets her, who was just 3 months younger, he worked as a boy at another house.

"Hallo Adelina! Wie war dein Tag?" (Hello Adelina! How was your day?)

"Großartig." - she smiles. (Great.) (SORRY FOR MY GERMAN IM LEARNING)

She walks inside, and walks upstairs, to her room. She lays down on her bed, thinking about how she misses Germany, her friends, and the boy she really liked back there. He is a bit taller than her, the girl is 157 cm tall, and the boy is 163. He has light brown hair, blue eyes, he is just really pretty in her eyes. A few hours pass by thinking, then Adelina hears her mother call her downstairs for dinner.
The family sits down and eat, Adelina's mother asks about her first day.

"It was great, thank you. I met Diana there, and I also made new friends, their names are Anne, Ruby, Moody and Gilbert."

"Two boys too?" - her mother smirked.

"Oh mom, I don't like them." - she rolled her eyes.

"You still like Karl from Germany?" - Adelina's father spoke up.

"Maybe." - she replied.

After dinner, everyone went to bed, but Adelina couldnt stop thinking of Karl. After a while, she fell asleep dreaming about him.
A few days passed, once in the middle of the night, Adelina woke up to her mother telling her to wake up.
Appearently, Ruby's house burned down, and they needed help.
Everyone was bringing buckets filled with water, when Adelina heard Anne yell "Why are the doors and windows open?!" Then she ran inside.
Adel got worried, she liked Anne, she thought she was wonderful and unique, and a great friend. She was different, but she ran inside to help her.
Everyone was yelling their names, but they didnt turn back. Inside, Adelina asked Anne why did she come in, and that she put herself in danger. Anne explains, why, and Adel quickly helps her. They breathe a lot of smoke in, they start coughing, but upstairs when they close the last window, Gilbert sees them and makes eyecontact with both of them and yells their names.

They go outside finally, coughing, total weak. But as they look back, there's only a little fire now, and they smile at eachother. A lot of people walk up to them, but Adel walks away, coughing. She trips into someone, but they quickly catch her.
"Whoa, Fais attention, ma belle! (Watch out, beautiful) Are you okay?" - a french accented voice asks.
Adel looks at him shocked, realizing how close their faces are. She blushes, "Nerveux?" (Nervous?) - he giggles - "I like hugs, but don't you want to.." - Adel quickly steps back, and looks at the boy. She finds him cute, and steps back one more time, tripping again, but from behind. The person behind her catches her, and turns her around. Gilbert.
"Are you okay? That was really brave and smart from both of you, but we thought you..." - he looks at her, the girl pulls up her shirt at her wrist. She walked too close to the fire when she closed the last door, and burned her wrist. - "Oh my-"
"There." - the french boy showed up again, with a wet tissue, and he put it on the german girl's wrist. - "It will help, ma belle"
Adelina makes a disgusted face, because her parents told her that french people are bad and she should not talk to them, but she still thanked him.

*  *  *