2.

Adelina

"Thank you" - I tell the boy, and make a disgusted face. His accent is cute, but I must listen to my parents, he is french, so he is bad. I turn to Gilbert, and say bye to him and walk off. I turn back one last time, I see that stupid french boy looking at me confused, I roll my eyes and go look for my parents. I see Finn, my brother, he runs up to me and hugs me.

"Du Narr! (You fool!) Why did you go inside?! You put yourself in danger! I was really worried!" - he says, and I can hear in his voice, he's clearly worried. He is 3 cms taller than me, he acts like he's older than me, but he really isn't. I look in his cute green eyes, and hug him. - "Sorry. But at least the fire is gone now" - I let go of him - "But where are our parents?"
"They're discussing something with the other adults. They are all talking about you and the other girl with red hair." - he replies.

I nod, and we both walk away to drink, he was also helping the other boys.
"You're still here, jolie fille! (pretty girl)" - the french boy pops up again. Finn scrunched his eyebrows, and looked at me.
"Ein Franzose? (A french?) Really?" - he asks. He looks at him - "What do you want from my sister?"

"Oh she's your.." - he clears his throat - "I've gotta go, bye jolie fille!" - and walks off.
I dont understand what "jolie fille" or "ma belle" means, i'll ask Diana later.
We see our parents walking towards us, and my mother pulls me in a hug.
"I'm proud of you, but please dont make us worry again!" - she looks down at me and smiles weakly.
We go home, and I take a bath, i got dirty inside. I take off the tissue off my wrist, and put it on my table inside my room. After the bath, I look in the mirror, Finn behind me. We look like twins, but there's a 3 month difference. We have light brown hair with green eyes, my hair is middle lenght, my brother's is... Similar to that french boy's. I never catched his name, his brown eyes and his accent and just his face was so cute, but.. why am I thinking of him? He's just a stupid french boy. A stupid, cute french boy. Nein. He's not cute. Ugh, why is he in my head?!
"Halloooo??? Adel??" - my brother tapping my shoulder, I got lost in my thoughts.
"Sorry, I was thinking"
"Es ist okay (It's okay), but I think we should go to sleep now."
I nod, and we go upstairs, then he gives me a kiss on my cheek, and i do too. It's a habit, we give good night and good morning kisses to eachother, we're really close. Others would find it weird, but I think its cute. And it's only on the cheek.
I go to bed, and quickly fall asleep.

* * *

The next morning, my brother wakes me up, dad probably went to work, and mom probably went to the store, or either making new friends with the other parents. We give eachother a morning kiss, and I go downstairs, the breakfast is ready, probably mom made it before she left; toast.
After eating, I do my morning routine, and we both go outside.

"Hey Finn, don't you wanna come to school?"

"I'll think about it." - he says

"Pleaseee at least can you walk me there? It's not that far away."

"Fine" - he sighs - "But let's hurry, I have to go too."
I nod, and we walk to school, talking the whole way there. I wave bye to him, and go inside. Probably all the girls saw us, because I heard them talking about how cute and handsome my brother is. I smirk, i'll definitely tell him after school.
I sit down with the girls, and wave to Gilbert, and he waves back.

"Was that your brother?" - Ruby asks.

"Yes, my little brother, he acts like he's older because he's tall, but he really isn't. I'm 3 months older than him" - I say.

"I think he's really cute!" - Tillie speaks up.

"I agree! He's handsome!" - Josie says.

"He protects you? That's a great thing oh my gosh!" - Diana now speaks too, which was unexpected, she never really cared about boys.

"He's cute, but I am in love with Gilbert Blythe!" - Ruby explains.

"We know, Ruby." - the girls giggle.

* * *

On class, we have to spell some difficult words, and Gilbert, Anne and I were the last ones. Then just Gilbert and Anne, I couldn't spell the word "persuasive", I forgot to say the letter "u" and the teacher immediately told me to sit down. Anne won, the girls celebrated her, so did I. Oh, I saw you Gilbert Blythe, the way you look at her.. You're so in love! Poor Ruby though. Gilbert doesnt even notice her, and she is obsessed with him. She talks about him all the time.
At lunch Gilbert invited me to eat with him, and I accepted it.

"So.. How's your wrist?"

"Oh, it's fine now. Thanks to that.. nevermind, but it healed."

He raised an eyebrow, "Anyways.. That was very brave of you.. and Anne, but we all were so worried! Jerry told me you almost fainted in his arms" - he chuckled - "But at least you're fine now."

"Jerry?"

"The boy who gave you the tissue."

"Oh.. right.. he's french." - I say with an attitude.

"You got a problem with that?" - he raises an eyebrow again.

"Well.. Don't you? Or is it just a german thing? Or only my family hates them?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Um.. Nevermind. I guess it's just our thing."

"Jerry seems like a nice person, you should give him a chance. After she was calling you beautiful and a pretty girl, you just turned him down."

"He called me beautiful?" - I could feel that I blushed slightly. Why??

"Yeah. I don't speak french, but I asked Diana about what those words mean."

"Okay can we.. switch the topics?"

"Sure" - he nodded and we continued eating and talking. I think he is my best friend from the boys, and Diana and Anne from the girls. Or I dont know, Diana and Anne look close and.. Nevermind.
After school, Billy walked up to me and handed me a flower.

"Thank you..?" - I say confused.

"You're really pretty." - he smiles.

"Uhm.. Thanks.. i've got to go now." - I try to walk off but he grabs my wrist.. the bruise. - "Ouch!"

"What? I didn't even grab it that tightly."

"No it's.. What do you want?"

"Do you want to.. hang out some time?"

"Uhm.. No thanks" - I chuckle and walk off.

"Oh come on!" - he yells after me but I ignore it. I hurried home, without Gilbert this time. My mother was at home, Finn was probably working.