14.

Adelina

It was late in the afternoon already, I fell asleep again. I remembered Finn had a surprise for me, but he just looked kind of annoyed. I felt a bit better, I got up to wash my face, it was really sweaty.
I didn't want to go back to bed, I would be really bored, and the books I had, I already read them all.
Downstairs mom was making dinner, and dad was reading the newspaper and put it down when I sat down.
"Are you okay?" he asked

"Yeah, I mean.. I feel better now, I didn't want to go back to bed because I would be really bored."

"You could've bring your blanket down at least to cover yourself." he smiled weakly

"Where's Finn?"

"He went to look for his friend."

"Who? Did he tell you?" I narrowed my eyebrows.

"Uhm his name is Jerry."
Oh damn. Dad still doesn't know who Jerry is, I don't know how Finn handled the situation, but I nodded.

-

Finn

It was almost night, where in the devil is that french boy?
Our horse was getting a bit tired, I went to look for the kid on the field. I heard some men talking, and horses sound. I got a bit worried, so we hurried there, and then I saw Matthew Cuthbert and Jerry laying on the ground.
Oh no what happened?

I got off my horse, rushing over to the two of them, asking "What happened? Are you okay?".

"Merci Finn, I am, Nate hit me and I belive.. I fainted. I'm sorry, when that happened I was on my way to your house, can I still see Adel?"
I looked at Mr. Cuthbert, he was looking at me confused.

"I wanted to take him home, but I guess.. You could take him home aswell.."

"Thank you Mr. Cuthbert." Jerry grinned, and got up, holding his head.
I helped him get up and get on the horse, I said bye to Matthew and went to our house.
"Is Adel better now?"

"I think she is, she can fall asleep easily. So i'll check if she's awake first."

He nodded, and later we arrived home and I got off the horse and went inside, telling Jerry to wait first. Surprisingly, Adel was sitting in the kitchen, eating dinner already.
"Oh, hallo son." dad smiled at me.
..Now I hope he won't be mad because Jerry is french.
Adel turned around, smiling at me, asking where is Jerry. Dad probably ruined the surprise, I smiled to myself and invited Jerry in.

"Could you hide your accent while dad is near you?" I whispered to him and he looked confused but nodded.

"You must be Jerry" dad looked at him up and down.
He introduced himself, and I took my sister and him upstairs.

-

Adelina

I was really happy to see Jerry. Even if he came here late, I'm still glad.
"I'm sorry Adel, I wanted to surprise you, but Nate hit me and I fainted."

"What?" I felt my blood pressure went up. Nate, of course.
"And it was him and Mr. Dunlop who stole the money from me in Charlottetown." he got upset, then I hugged him. He hugged me back, and I saw Finn smirking then he looked down, biting his lip. I rolled my eyes, then let go of Jerry, smiling at him.
"Thank you for visiting me, I feel better now. And are you okay?"

"Oui, jolie fille, my head is just hurting a little." he smiled at me, it's so adorable! I couldn't help but giggle and hug him again, and he instantly hugged me back.
"Okay, lovelies, It's time to go Jerry, it's getting late."

"I can walk home." he smiled, but I shook my head.

"Nu-uh, you're not walking home in the dark. What if something will happen to you? Plus, you could just stay here."

"Adelina!" Finn scrunched his eyebrows, trying to hold his smirk back. "He's not gonna sleep with you, not on my watch."

"Will you two see at night where you are going? Probably not. He's staying, i'll tell mom." With that, I took Jerry's hand and we went downstairs, and I begged my parents to let him stay the night, until they said fine. We went back upstairs, I was grinning at Finn, and he just rolled his eyes.

"Okay fine, you win, Pfirsich." he jokingly pushed me and left my room.

"What did he call you?" Jerry looked at me, total confused.

"Peach."

"What does that supposed to mean?" he chuckled.
I clenched my fists, and rubbed his head, and giggled, saying "This."

"Oww, that hurts!" he laughed.

"I know, we did this a lot to eachother when we were younger."
I looked at him, making eyecontact and we smiled at the same time.

"You're so pretty." he said calmly.

"Thank you," I felt my cheeks went pink "And I love your smile."

"Why thank you, ma belle."

-

Later we went to bed, he was sleeping on the floor, but I felt bad for him.
"Jerry" I whispered.

"Hm?"

"Sleep with me. I feel lonely."

"What?" his eyes widened

"Come on, we slept together at Aunt Josephine's already. Please, come up here, I feel bad for you sleeping on the floor."

"Alright." he whispered and got up on my bed, making a bit of distance, so he thinks I won't feel uncomfortable. But I didn't care much, I wrapped my arms around him, and went closer to him. He turned around to face me, he held my hand and gave a little kiss on my head. I blushed, and he said good night to me, and we fell asleep like that.

-

Next morning

I woke up, and saw that Jerry was already awake, I didn't expect that.
"Good morning, jolie fille." he smiled.

"Guten Morgen, Jerry. What time is it?" I asked sleepily.

"It's 7 am, I'm gonna leave soon." He sat up, and I sat up too "How are you feeling?"

"Way better. Thanks to Mrs. Gillis and Anne. And mother, too." I grinned.

We both left the room, going downstairs, Jerry said his goodbyes to my parents, but mom stopped him.

"Jerry, why don't you come and have a breakfast?"

"Oh, thank you Mrs. Müller, i dont feel so hungry."

"Come on boy, take a seat." She smiled and Jerry gave up, he came and we all ate our toasts together.

"How are you, dear?" mom asked me.

"Way better." I smiled "Can I go to school tomorrow?"

"We'll see." she said and she was asking Jerry a lot of questions.
-