4.

Adelina

The other day I woke up, mom left a letter for us.

Dear kids,
I went to have a talk with Mrs. Gillis. I made the family some food, i'll be back by 8, Adel will see me in the afternoon. Have a good day!
Love, mom

Oh well, okay. Finn and I left after breakfast, he didn't walk me to school, but I was okay with it. In the half way, I met Gilbert, he looked worried.
"Good morning, what's wrong Gilbert?" I asked.

"I.. My father is really sick, I'm worried for him."

"It's okay Gilbert.. I'll be here for you, if you want to cry. People come and go. We born, live happily, until we die, like in a kid's story."

"Yeah I guess you're right" he smiled.
When we arrived at the school, we walked inside and he sat on my desk. We were hanging out, then Diana and Anne called me.

"What is it?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Ruby is jealous of you" Diana chuckled "She's crying again, go talk with her." I nodded and did as she tell me.

"Rubyyy" I look in her eyes, they were filled with tears. I kinda felt bad for her "Can we talk?" I asked, and she stood up and nodded.
We went outside, and I started speaking.
"Listen. You don't need to be worried or anything, there's nothing between Gilbert and I. We're friends. I don't like him, he doesn't like him.. He's all yours" we both giggled.

"Thank you" she wiped her tears and hugged me.
We walked back, to Anne and Diana and started hanging out, until Billy came up to us.

"What do you want, Billy?" Diana frowned.

"Adel." he smirked and I made a disgusted face. He's not giving up, I sighed.

"Go away, Billy" Anne told him.

"Shut up, orphan girl" he laughed, his friends joined behind him.

"I am not an orphan anymore." she raised her voice a little, then the teacher came in. Maths was our first class.

* * *

At lunch, we were talking, about um.. intimate relationships between a student and a teacher. I'm not into gossipping, but it's clearly Prissy and Mr. Phillips. I was drinking my milk, then all the girls left, except Diana and I. They got uncomfortable around Anne. Poor her, but she just doesn't know what she could say or what not, that wouldnt be weird towards others.
"It's okay, Anne" Diana smiled "We will stay with you" and we both side hugged Anne.

"Thank you girls" she wiped her teary eyes "Don't you want to come over after school?"

"Why not"

"Sure" I said "Wait before that, i'll go home and ask my mom about it"

"That's fine with me. We'll show you something in the forest after school" Anne got excited, I was curious now. She's full with surprises.
Both of the girls looked behind my shoulder, then up. Someone cleared their throat.

"Excuse me, can I talk with Adelina in private?" Gilbert spoke behind me. I got up, and followed him outside.

"What is it? Did something happen?" I ask, worried.

"No, I mean.. Not sure.. My father barely could talk today and he was coughing but.." - he took a deep breath - "I'm afraid i'll lose him tonight or within a few days"

"Oh my, I would come over to see him, but Anne already invited me over.. Sorry. But you told me this in the morning, too."

"I know, but I'm so worrued..and It's okay" I saw he got upset, then I side hugged him, which he returned. We went back inside, I walked to my seat and started thinking. Just then, someone was tapping my shoulder again.

"You hugged" Ruby was standing next to me, she was sad.

"We still don't like eachother. And he needed it, he needs some support, because he's worried about his sick father. He thinks he's gonna loose him tonight or within a few days." I explain.

"Oh.. okay.." she sits next to me and lays her head on my shoulder. I grab her hand and squeeze it, just then Mr. Phillips comes in and sees us.

"What a lovely couple. Ruby, go to your seat already." he said and the boys laughed. Poor Ruby, she's such a cute girl, she's in love with Gilbert. I don't like him, I hope she finally understands now.
I dont like him, I don't like Karl anymore.. and I don't like.. Jerry. I don't want anyone in my life, it's better if I'm alone. Ugh I need to stop thinking about such nonsense. I came in this school like 2 weeks ago or I dont even know..
Mr. Phillips saw that I was zoned out, or lost in my thoughts, he called my name.

"Mrs. Müller probably can answer the question" he looked at me, I looked at the board and sighed.

"The answer is 228."

"Correct.." he said with a salty face. "But this isn't the place where you can daydream about anything, you're here to study."

"I'm sorry, sir." I apologized and he slowly nodded and continued teaching.

_____

After school, surprisingly Finn came and waited for me.
"Why are you here? Aren't you working?"

"Yeah, they sent me home, they appreciated my help and paid me. They sent me home to rest." he explained "Wanna go explore the town?"

"Oh.. Sorry Finny I would, but Anne invited me to come over after school."

"Oh okay. Have fun, but i'm free tomorrow, so maybe we could go and hang out after school?"

"I'd love that, kleiner Bruder" (little brother) I giggled

"Halt die Klappe, zumindest bin ich größer." (Shut up, at least im taller) He laughed too.
I playfully punched him in the shoulder, and walked off with Anne and Diana.

"Have fun!" he shouted after me

I spun around and waved to him, then kept walking.

"German is such a difficult language" Diana spoke

"French is harder. I'm glad our parents are friends, otherwise we wouldn't be friends."

"Why?" Anne and Diana asked at the same time

"My father hates french people. I don't understand why."

"What are you talking about?" Ruby ran to us from behind, breathing in and out

"Nothing important." I say

"Ruby, do you want to come over too?" Anne smiled at her

"Yes!" She giggles

"Oh right! I almost forgot, I have to show you girls something." Anne says and we ran in the forest, where we found a little tree house.

"Come in" Anne grinned

We all went inside, and we all adored the place.

"I write stories here, and when I'm upset, I come here. This is my safe place."

"You write stories?" I ask

"Yes! I have so many ideas! Wait. We all should write stories here!"

"Sounds exciting!" Ruby grinned

___

Minutes pass, Anne, Diana and I are writing, then we hear Ruby sigh loudly.
"What is it?" Diana asked

"I don't have any ideas!"

"Maybe you could write a romantic story, a prince saves her princess. You like romance anyways" Anne offers and smiles

"Yes! That's an excellent idea!" Ruby giggles

* * *