13.

Adelina

Im not sure what happened yesterday, all I remember is after dinner I was really tired, I went to bed and fell asleep in seconds. When I woke up it felt like I had stones on my chest, I was sweating, but I still managed to get out of bed.
I walked downstairs, to greet my mom, but she looked so shocked.
"Guten Morgen, mama. (Good morning, mama)" I said

"Guten mor--.. Oh lieber Gott! (Oh dear god!) Sit down!" she told me, as she put her hand on my forehead "You're sick! Go back to bed!"
She rushed to the counter to make some tea, I walked back upstairs, seeing Finn come out of his room. His eyes widened as he rushed over to me.
"My god Adel, you're sick! Come on, i'll take you back to bed!" he put my arm around his neck so he can help me walk, but it's really not that deep.
"My leg is okay" I chuckled but he just kept staring at me. I laid back in the bed, Finn holding my left hand with his.
"You have the same sickness I had. It's enough just to look at you. So, looks like you won't go to school for a week or so."

"Great.. Could you go to the girls' house and tell them the news?"

"Of course." he stood up, heading outside.
My mom soon came with the tea in her hand, handing it to me.
"Careful, it's still hot."

"Thank you." I took the mug, drinking the tea like mom said.

-

Finn

I got on the horse, heading to Ruby's house first, then Diana's and Anne's.
I knocked on the Gillis house's door, Mrs. Gillis opened it. "Ah, hello Finn." she smiled "What are you doing here?"

"Is Ruby at home?" I ask, hesitating.

"No, she went to Anne's house with Diana.. Is everything alright?"

"My sister is sick. She has the same illness I had in december."

"Oh my god! That's horrible! I'll bring you some soup, i'll gladly help, since you also helped building our house after the fire."

"Thank you, ma'am.. I have to go now, bye!" I smiled at her then got back on the horse, heading to Anne's.
I got off, yelling the girls' names.
"Arrêt! (Stop!) What's wrong, Finn? Where's Adel?" Jerry came out of the barn, asking worriedly.

"Where are the girls?"

"They're in the forest, I suppose.. They went on a walk, but where's Adel?"

"She's ill, I came here to tell the girls the news." I sighed, and I saw Jerry drop the fork he was holding.
"She's sick? What's the issue?"

"Fever, probably a cold, and sore throat, I belive. That's what I had in december." I explain

"Can I come to visit her in the afternoon?"

"She would love to see you, I guess, you can." I weakly smiled at him and left.
-
It took me a while to find the girls, after yelling their names, they finally came out of some treehouse.
"We're here Finn, what's wrong?" Diana spoke up first, I blushed a bit.

"Where's Adel? We've been waiting for her this whole time!" Anne asked

"I came to tell you girls the news. She's ill."

"What?" Ruby's eyes widened.

Anne was standing there, shocked, but then got on the horse with me.
"I'll see you girls later." she glanced at Ruby and Diana.

I nodded at them as a goodbye, and hurried back home, on the way, talking with Anne.

-

Adelina

I woke up to Finn and Anne coming in my room, along with my mother. Anne sat on my bed, holding my hand.
"What's wrong?" she asked.

I started coughing, but I answered with "I belive I have a fever and a headache. I'm also coughing."

"Is your throat hurting?"

"A bit. But I'm trying to sweat out my fever."

"Don't. That can be dangerous for your immune system."

We all look at her, confused, but she just shook her head and went downstairs, calling my mom.
"You'll have a surprise in the afternoon." Finn held my hand smiling.

"What is it?"

"I said a surprise, I won't ruin it."
Anne and mom came back with 3 wet towels, placing one on my forehead, one on my legs, and the third one on my wrists.
"It's a bit cold, I know, but it will help." Shirley spoke "You won't have a fever, and i'll get something for your throat too."
Later we heard knocking on the door, it was Mrs. Gillis with a pot in her hands. She said soup is in it, and I should drink it instead of a tea.
It didn't have the best taste, but it was good for me. Anne asked everyone to leave the room, so she could talk with me.

"There's no gold. Mr. Dunlop and Nate lied to us, I'm going to tell Marilla after I go home, I hope It's not gonna be too late.." she looked down on the bed, getting upset.

"They lied?.. What about the money Mr. Barry gave to Nate? And what do you mean Mr. Dunlop and Nate lied?"

"They work together. I went to Charlottetown with Diana and her parents, and I got some information. Though, we weren't supposed to go in that place where we were, and Diana sneaked out, because her parents don't want us to be friends. So after we got home, before I could tell Marilla, I had to tell something to Diana and Ruby, then Finn came, now I'm here.. I'm gonna leave now I guess, I need to hurry before it's too late. Get better soon, Adel." she smiled at me and stood up

"Thanks for telling me." I smiled at her and watched her leave the room. Finn will probably take her home, it's a long way to walk from here to Anne's. Poor Cuthberts are gonna be so disappointed. I always knew that those tenants did something.. I had a bad feeling about them since the beginning.
And Mr. Barry. He gave so much money to Nate, and turns out hes just some.. Cheater.  I hope they both will regret what they did.