002 - they hit us, we hit them

Ɛ🎬3 ・°line without a hook, by 444soulvsh"there's more to you than meets the eye Cameron" #outerbanks 0 0 2

"there's more to you than meets the eye Cameron" #outerbanks
0 0 2. they hit us, we hit them.

. . .

My eyes slowly open at the sound of footsteps flooding through the room. Looking up I see my older brother alongside John B.

JJ Maybank. My big brother, he's as local as they come, and the most idiotic guy I know. However that's why I love him.

Usually accompanied by his three best friends:
John Booker Routledge, Pope Heyward and Kiara Carrera. They're like siblings to me.

Sadly John B's dad went missing a couple months ago. But it means me and JJ get to stay in the chateau with him, away from our home, and our dad, for as long as possible.

I sit up on John B's pull out sofa and look at the two boys. "What's the damage?" I ask rubbing my brown eyes.

"Well the power is out and...we'll you can take a look outside yourself." John B pointed to the back door.

I lift myself to my feet and follow the two boys out to the porch stairs. I stand next to JJ on the bottom step as John B cleared the trees from his boat.

"Agatha did some work, huh?" JJ spoke before downing the rest of his beer and crumpling the can.

"Yeah she did." John B agreed. He looked out into the marsh land, where the sunrise set a golden glow on the water.

"What are you thinking?" JJ asked while walking over, acknowledging his long gaze to the water.

I mirrored my brothers actions as I followed him to stand next to John B's place on the boat.

"I'm thinking that the storm surge pushed all the crab down to marsh maze, all the drum will chase the crab."

JJ's eyebrows knitted together in confusion "What about DCS? Wasn't that today?"

"DCS?" I ask.

"Directors of Children's Services." John b announced.

"I know what it is." I snap "but why are they coming?"

"That's how it works when you don't have a present guardian, Syd"

"But uncle T?"

"It seems they're not buying that ploy anymore." John B shrugged his shoulders and continued to heave the branches out of his boat.