004 - the lighthouse

Ɛ🎬3 ・°line without a hook, by 444soulvsh"there's more to you than meets the eye Cameron" #outerbanks 0 0 4

"there's more to you than meets the eye Cameron" #outerbanks
0 0 4. the lighthouse.

.                   .                   .

"Now we're out of the way of those...killers... can you guys please explain because being out of the loop is literally killing me." I plead

They all glance at each other, while John B continues to drive.

"Come on."

"After we found Scooter Grubbs's boat, we searched his hotel room. Where we found money and sadly, the gun. Except in the bottom of the boat we found a compass." Pope explained briefly.

"A compass?"

"That belonged to my dad."

"Your dad?" I sit up, "you're sure?"

John B nodded in assurance, "His handwriting and everything."

"And that's why those guys were chasing you? No offence John, but whats so special about the compass."

"It turns out it's a death compass." Kiara informed.

"It's not a death compass." John B snapped.

Pope waved his head side to side, "It kinda is."

"Think about it John B, every single one of your relatives have died while holding that compass and we're just carrying it around, acting like nothings wrong, even though the second we got the compass we've got killers on our asses." JJ argued.

"You should probably get rid of it." I suggest.

"Definitely not. It's a clue."

"A what?" My eyebrows furrow, "is this now a Scooby do mystery?"

"What better way for my dad to send me a message than through a family heirloom. He knew it would get back to me, right?"

"Yeah, it's possible." Kiara nodded reassuringly.

"It's also possible you're concocting to help... deal with your sad feels." Pope puts forth, receiving a scowl from kiara in the front seat.

"I'm not concocting okay? My dads trying to send me a message okay."

"And what message is that?" I ask.