008 - midsummers

Ɛ🎬3 ・°line without a hook, by 444soulvsh"there's more to you than meets the eye Cameron" #outerbanks 0 0 8

"there's more to you than meets the eye Cameron" #outerbanks
0 0 8. midsummers.

.                   .                   .

TW: this part of the chapter shows themes of abuse so if that is a topic you find personally triggering skip to the next three dots and you won't have to read it <33

I lay back on my bed, twiddling my thumbs. After hearing the bang of the door being whacked open I jump to my feet and enter the living room.

Stepping in I see my dad throwing a punch at JJ which knocks him to the ground. He kicks him in the stomach a countless number of times.

"Dad!" I shout at him.

He looks up at me with an angry look on his face, "you stay out of this you little bitch!"

He sends another kick at JJ's stomach.

"Dad!"

"Sydney just go!" JJ instructs while grunting in the pain.

My dad looks back down at JJ, "now you tell me how the fuck you're getting me 30k!"

"I'll get it!" JJ assures.

"Get here!" My dad picks JJ up by the scruff of his t-shirt. He wraps his arm around his throat to choke him out. "Come on then, tell me!"

JJ gasps for air every couple of seconds. I run over and dig my nails into my dads arms to try pull him off of JJ. He releases JJ and stares down at me. He throws a back hand to my right cheek which sends me to the ground. I glare up at him as I sob."What's the point of crying? That's your fault, I told you to stay out of this." He scowled.

"Sydney just go!" JJ ordered.

My jaw clenches as I look up at my dad, tears in my eyes.

He looks from JJ to I as we both are "You two are both, worthless pieces of shit."

"Shut up!" JJ screeches.

"Your mama knew!" He scoffed before walking onto the porch.

JJ immediately gets up and helps me up off the floor. He puts his hand on the side of my cheek where I was slapped, "I'm gonna call kiara, to come pick you up, okay? And you're gonna go with her I'll deal with dad."