16 - romeo and juliet

Ɛ🎬3 ・°line without a hook, by 444soulvsh
"there's more to you than meets the eye Cameron" #outerbanks
0 1 5. romeo and juliet.

.                   .                   .

We spent the night in kiara's moms car parked underneath a shielded part of the woods, mostly awake, listening to the radio. Siren after siren past by us all night long.

I still hadn't heard from Wayne.

The car was mostly silent. Until, of course, JJ had to say something, "let's game this out. Maybe you guys can help being the smart ones and all but..." he sat back an readjusted his cap, "who are the cops gonna believe? Ward Cameron, or us? So the accuser is a big shot developer, lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person and the accused..." he paused and glanced at John B, "well the accused...is John B...who is pretty much a homeless sixteen year old boy at the moment"

"Thanks JJ." John B deadpanned.

I sigh and rub my forehead, "You always know just what to say don't you."

"All I'm saying is Yucatan. That's the only option okay-"

"Stop with the Mexico bull shit JJ, Sarah is gonna bail me out."

"She did witness the whole thing." Kiara tagged on.

"And she's gonna snitch on her brother?" Popes eyebrow raised.

"Bro we gotta get you off the island. Sarah won't snitch on blood...The ferry, it's the only way. Exit stage left while you still can. Before the entire island is on lockdown." JJ rambled.

You'd think by now John B would've learned not to listen to my brothers, usually deluded, advice.

But then, here we are. At the dock to the ferry, in any hope of trying to get John B out of this mess.

Pope reached the drivers seat window where kiara resided, "so, the ferry's closed. And even better." He handed in a flyer he'd retrieved from the nearby notice board.

A photo of John B accompanied by 'WANTED' was plastered onto a black and white leaflet. Not to forget the $25,000 reward.

"Shit." Kiara cursed under her breath.

"Well, John B it's a good framer of you." JJ sarcastically smiled.

I bite down on my lip, "The whole island will know now, right? They'll all be looking for John B?"

"Congrats you're now famous." JJ passed it over to him.

Kiara sighed, shuffling over to let pope in the drivers seat, "Guys we gotta get to the HMS. We need a small, no running lights-"

John B stopped her sentence, "it's at the chateau kie."

"And I wonder if the cops have the entire place staked out... let me think, oh yeah they definitely have that place locked down." JJ deadpanned.

"Okay let me think." Pope wiggled his fingers about in thought. "JJ, Sydney!" He turned around to us, "does your dad still have that boat? The cigarette boat, the phantom?"