HAPPY ENDING??

Here we go..........

-----------------------

Few months back we moved to our new apartment. I still remember that day as if it was yesterday.

It was my second day in that apartment.

I was chilling on the bean bag in my room with an unfinished novel in one hand and a mug of coffee in another.

I looked up from my novel to admire the secretary before me. The sky was ablaze with fire of setting sun. The trees looked like strong, black soldiers standing in an unmoving row.

I had chosen this particular room due to the attached balcony and the ravishing view from here.

A few pages into the book, I heard some noise from above my head. Probably,
The upper flat residents. I ignored it and continued my novel.

But then I heard the noise became louder. I could now decipher the song, it was some
"Eminem Rap" my brother had forced me to listen, the day before. I am not really a great fan of Rap songs. So the noise was irritating me.

The noise became even louder.

The girl/ guy was trying my patience now.

I got up from my seat and went to the balcony and shouted.
"Hey! Lower down the volume. You are disturbing the neighbours."

But nobody replied rather the noise increased.
Now it was getting beyond limits.
I marched into my room, tore a paper from my rough notebook and wrote,

"PLEASE STOP MAKING NOISE. IT IS DISTURBING THE NEIGHBOURS"

picked up a smiley ball, wrapped it in the paper and threw it to the balcony upstairs. I did a little happy dance when the ball successfully landed there.

The noise then stopped.

I smirked in victory and went back to my room. As soon as I seated myself on the bean bag, the same ball fell back into my balcony. But this time with a yellow sticky note on it.

I quickly went and picked up the Ball to see the note. .

"IT'S NOT NOISE. IT'S CALLED MUSIC."

This irked me. I grabbed another sheet and wrote.

"WELL, THEN YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC SUCKS"

and lobbed it back.

Few second latter the ball fell with another stocky note saying.

"ATLEAST IT'S BETTER THAN YOUR HOPELESS ROMANTIC NOVELS."

What! How dose this person know that I like romantic books?

Beads of sweat stood out on my forehead.
Was this some stalkar? Or a serial killer?
Oh My God what if it's a ghost!?

No no no. Shit! I'm too young to die.

Okay. Clam down. I took deep breaths and with trembling hands wrote,

"HOW DO YOU KNOW I LIKE ROMANTIC BOOKS? ARE YOU A STALKAR?"

And threw it up. No reply came. With every passing minute my heartbeat increased.

A few moments later the ball fell with a note.

"GEEZ. I DON'T STALK HOPELESS ROMANTICS . AHD UMM... I KIND OF MIGHT HAVE LISTENED TO YOUR CONVO WITH, I SUPPOSE, YOUR BROTHER, LAST NIGHT."

I signed in relief.

But wait. He listened to me and my brother's conversation. This is so uncivil."

"WHAT? YOU EAVESDROPPED ON ME.
SO GENTLEMAN. HUH?"

PS- I'M NOT A HOPELESS ROMANTIC. I ONLY LIKE THE ROMANCE GENRE"

To which came a response,

"NO I DIDN'T. YOU WERE TALKIING SO LOUDLY THAT WHOLE LOCALITY MUST HAVE HEARD IT. BTW, HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT I'M A GUY? NOW WHO'S STALKAR??"

PS- YOU MEAN THE CLICHED ROMANCES WHERE THE GUY AND THE GIRL ALWAYS HAVE A HAPPILY EVER AFTER LOL. SO ORIGINAL!"

I then replied.

"I DON'T KNOW JUST A GUT INSTINCT. ( plus your handwriting is also messy). WELL, ARE YOU?

PS- WHATEVER"

an answer came back instantly.

"YES, I AM."

PS-ITS NOT WHATEVER. IT'S UNREALISTIC."

I didn't know what to say so I wrote.

"HMM."

PS- NO COMMENTS."

To which he rotorted.

"IT'S MEANS YOU AGREE THAT THEY ARE UNREAL. HAHAHA!"

I do agree that those romantic books which I read are unrealistic and not every real life love story has ' happy ending." Perhaps who can know this better than me?

But I wasn't going to give this guy the pleasure by agreeing to his point. So I choose not to reply anything.

I went back to my room and laid down on my bed. Thinking about that certain someone who once promised to accept me as I am. Who once promised to accept me as I am. Who once promised to love stay by me forever.

But broke all those promises and left me shattered and wounded.
I was pulled out of my trance of thought by a thump sound from the balcony.
I quickly ran there to find a football with a similar note attached to it. It said.

" HEY! SORRY, IF I SAID ANYTHING TO HURT YOU. IT WASN'T INTENTIOL AT ALL."

BTW, MY NAME IS ALY. YOURS?

PS- I DON'T THINK THE FOOTBALL WILL BE ABLE TO REACH MY BALCONY. SO KEEP IT WITH YOU I'LL COLLECT IT SOME OTHER DAY."

I quickly tore a peper and wrote.

"IT'S OKAY. WHAT YOU SAID WAS PROBABLY RIGHT."

MY NAME IS JASMIN.

PS- OKAY. FINE. YOU CAN ALSO KEEP THIS BALL FOR NOW"

Wrapped it around the smiley ball and threw it upwards.

Instantly a crumpled pepar fell on my head. I unwrapped it and read,"

YEAH. OKAY.

BYE. TAKE CARE."

I don't know why but that simple "Take Care" aroused a familiar feeling in my chest. A kind of feeling which I was afarid to exprence again. I tried not to think more about it and went to the living room.

Rest of the evening and the next few days passed in a blur with unboxing cartons, arranging furniture, etc....

_________________________________________

That's it for first part see you in next one,,

Tell me in comments how's the chapter ❤️

Do vote and comments!!!