HAPPY ENDING?? (2)

Here we go...

--------------------

ONE WEEK LATER!

It was late in the afternoon. I was sitting on my bed , doing my assignment. But I couldn't concentrate on the question all I could think of was the neighbour unstairs aka the noisy guy. I looked beside me to see the football still there at the corner of my room.

There had been no noise from last few days. And Aly had also not came to take his football. So I decided to myself, go and give it back to him.

I jumped off my bed, grabbed the football and strode towards the upper flat.

Upon reaching their I knocked on the door. But no one answered. I banged my fist a few times on the wood but it was in vain. Nobody still replied.

Meanwhile, the Nextdoor neighbour opend their door . It was an old lady. She asked me,

"Are you new here?" She asked me

"Yes I am." I said.

"Why are you thumping on that door? Nobody lives there. It has been empty for past one year. The owner and his wife moved to there hometown last year after Aly's there son's death . "

My blood ran cold as she finished her sentence.

Aly is dead? So who was playing the music that day, who was replying to my notes. Oh God!

With quivering lips I asked her,

"How's that possible? I heard noises coming from thier blacony a few days back. And this. This football is Aly's." I asked in disbelief showing her the football in my hand.

The lady stared at me, as if I had grown two hand.

"Kid. Don't play a prank on me. Go back to your house. No one lives in that place."  And she shut her door.

I stood there numb staring at the wooden door in front of me. Suddenly, I felt cold and as if I got my senses back, I quickly turned my heels and started walking towards the lift, when I heard the door behind me open.

I froze on my spot.

My mind was screaming "Don't trun back. Just enter the lift and go to your house "

But my heart said something else.

I slowly turned back, to find the door open but nobody was standing there. Only my smiley ball laying at the entrance with a yellow sticky note on it. With heavy steps I went closer to it .
I stopped down to pick up the ball.

As I stood up, my eyes met with the pair of dark brown ones. Those were not some normal brown eyes. They are captivating like they have magic'in it. His jet black hair contrasting to his pale skin. A small smile dancing on his lips they are pink to .

He is beautiful but ......... He was dead......!!!!

He stretched his arms to take the footfall from my hand. His fingers felt cold against my own skin yet a warm sensation spread through my body.

He took the football and

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was loud noise behind me. I turned back to see the source of the sound nut found nothing. I turned back but found nothing. I turned to my front to come face to face with the closed wooden door from earlier.

He disappeared.

He was not there anymore.

But the smiley Ball with yellow sticky note was still in my hands. That means everything was real.

I wasn't hallucinating.

He was here.

But he wasn't alive.

-------------------

Present day

I got to know from the other neighbours that he had committed suicide because he felt unworthy of living and some other reasons which his family never disclosed.

I didn't tell anyone else about this incident because I feared that people might think that I've gone crazy. I still have all his sticy notes including his last nite which said,.

"YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL THE WAY YOU ARE."

DON'T BELITTLE YOURSELF FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S MISTAKE."

LOVE,.

ALY ♡

I never saw him again after that day.
Neither do I hear any sound from the upstairs flat...
But every night when I go to bed, I feel someone enter my room through the balcony and kiss my forehead and whisper

"You are beautiful, Jasmin just like Jasmin.
You are beautiful." Before I drove into a deep slumber.

------------------------------END-----------------------------

_________________________________________

Tell me in comments how's the chapter ❤️

Do vote and comments!!!