2. The "Duke of Cornwall" boarding school

It was hard to accept that I will spend a year in some boarding school instead of California beaches. I was so angry with my parents when they told me about it, I still am angry. I think dropping me off at some random school for Harry Potter fans isn't fair. I felt sorry for myself, but it was too late to change anything. I've already packed my bag. I was waiting for a taxi in the living room with my parents.

"Before you go, as your mother I need to tell you to be careful, baby girl. It's okay to make mistakes, but that doesn't mean you can get out of hand and do whatever you want" she said softly and I nodded.

"Okay, I'm still mad at you though" I mumbled under my breath.

"That's enough, Amelie. You need to stop acting like a spoiled child" my dad said a little sterner than usual which caught my mom's attention "she is a spoiled child, Marissa, that's our own fault, but don't worry, they'll take care about that in the school"

I just mentally rolled my eyes not wanting to start a fight. That was when I heard and engine outside.

"Taxi's here" I said picking up my bags.

Dad helped me with my baggage. I guess, it's time to say goodbye. I turned to my parents and looked at them. They may have really offended me, but I still love them so much. I know will miss them every day.

My mom stepped closer to me and hugged me tight "Amelie, baby, I love you, please be careful"

"I love you too, mom" I said getting out of her embrace to hug dad just as tight "And I love you, dad"

"We love you, baby, we'll miss you" he said.

I broke the hug and stepped one foot in the cab "I already miss you, bye, mom, bye, dad" I waved them.

"Bye" they said waving back, as I closed the door.

The driver pulled out of the parking lot and drove off, making my parent's silhouettes smaller and smaller until they disappeared.

I was staring out the window. I thought it was the most disgusting weather ever. The sun wasn't visible behind thick grey clouds, the wind was blowing, it was slightly raining. I hate that I'll have to live like that, it could be completely different, I was so close to getting where the sun shines the whole year and teens party hard at beaches. I don't even know what to expect from the school, the only thing I am sure about is that I already hate this school.

I watched as we got closer to some area. It looked like a very little town. I guess, that's my destination. The taxi parked near one of the houses and I payed the driver.

I got out of the car and took my baggage. I turned around examining the territory. It had a big building, where, I guessed, the classes are. Also there were few houses, that seemed to be for students to live in. I kept staring at the surroundings until a woman came over to me.

"Miss Dalton, it's nice to meet you" she greeted me.

She seemed to be eighty years old, she had her hands behind her back, her hair in a tight bun, the long grey dress looked terrible on her. I wonder, who...

"My name is Mrs.Bancroft, I'm a head teacher of the "Duke of Cornwall" boarding school" she seemed to be very proud of the school.

"Um... yeah, thanks" I shortly responded which made her lips press together in a thin line.

"Please follow me, I'll show you your room" she gestured towards one of the houses.

I was trailing after the woman examining everything on my way. There were other students with their bags, all of them just returned from their holidays I supposed. I didn't like anything about this school so far. Not a single thing made me feel sympathy, I wanted to go home. I felt a strong urge to call my besties because I really needed their emotional support right now.

I entered a house right after the woman and followed her to one of the rooms. The room had six beds and desks. I walked over the bed that was in the middle of the room, not too close to the exit, not next to an ugly wall. I threw my bags on it and took a seat.

"This is your room for the rest of the year. The girls are kind and tolerant. I expect you to respect their private space" she lectured.

"As if there's any private space here" I said rolling my eyes.

"Excuse me, young lady, that's no way to talk to a teacher. Apologise" she demanded.

"I'm sorry" I said looking away.

She ignored my apology. Mrs.Brainstorm or whatever the fuck her name is came closer to me and handed me a book, which, I suppose, was meant to somehow entertain me when I'm bored or...

"Here's the book of rules" she spoke.

That one sentence caught me off guard.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"You have to follow every single rule written in this book. The rules are made for keeping the discipline. If you break them you get punished" she explained.

My jaw fell as I looked through the pages. What kind of school is it? Who needs that many rules? They're delusional if they think I'll follow them, that's physically impossible.

"You'll have time to learn about the school system later, now I'd like you to follow me" she said walking out of the room.

I followed her without questioning it, for a couple of minutes I surely couldn't even think about what's happening around me, was too busy trying to figure out how to survive in this place.

The old lady lead me across the house to the door with the label that was saying "Harry Styles / the housemaster".

She knocked and I heard a voice from the room saying "Yeah, come in".

The woman pushed me into the room and got in after me. The room turned out being an office. I looked at the table and saw a curly headed guy sitting there. He was wearing a back shirt and black jeans. I also noticed a pair of black velvet Chelsea boots. He looked quite young, but not too young. He was handsome in fact. I wonder what a guy like him is doing in this shitty place.

"Good afternoon, Mrs.Bancroft" he greeted the old lady "Who do we have here?" He asked looking me up and down.

"Good afternoon. This is out new student miss Dalton" she gestured towards me.

"Right" he said raising his eyebrows as if he remembered me "My name is Mr.Styles. I'm your housemaster. I'm also your mentor. From now on you are under my supervision. But we will discuss it later, miss Dalton"

I didn't answer him. Though I had a lot to say and I will say it later, without this Mrs.Beanfart listening, she makes me uncomfortable.

"You can go unpack, Mr.Styles will guide you to the canteen in an hour" she said closing the door.

"Okay" I said walking away immediately.