4. My first day in school

I woke up with an alarm of one of my roommates. Five other girls moved here yesterday. Apparently, they've been living in this room for a while. They told me, their friend Jennifer got in another school and I've taken her place. The girls were lovely, I expected them to be complete weirdos, but it turned out being another way around. I got along with most of them.

I lazily lifted myself up and headed to the bathroom. After doing my morning routine I put on some mascara and eyebrows shadow. It didn't take me long to do my hair. I've straight brown hair, that were never died, so it was enough for me to brush them.

I walked in my room and opened my closet. I wish I could wear something comfortable, but when I brought this up yesterday, I thought, Harry would kill me. So I put on white button up, green skirt, tie and jacket. I refused wearing ugly shoes, so in spite of Harry's demands I put on my white sneakers instead. I shoved my iPad in the bag and headed to the canteen to have a breakfast.

I didn't eat much in the morning, so I finished it pretty fast. I was about to enter a class when I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and saw Harry walking over to me.

"Good morning" he said "you have six classes and an ice practice, you know that?"

"Yeah" I said monotonously.

"Alright. Good luck then, if you need something, just call me" he said

"Okay, thanks" I replied turning around to enter the class.

I took a seat at the back and started scrolling through my iPad to find a right file to write in.

I heard a chair being moved next to me, I looked up and saw a guy standing there. He had blonde hair and blue eyes that were brighter that anything in this school.

"Can I sit here?" He asked.

I immediately recognised the Irish accent. One of my friends were Irish, and he sounded exactly the same, except his voice was a lot deeper because he was a boy.

"Yeah, l don't mind" I said, moving my stuff a little to give him some space.

"I'm Niall" he gave me his hand and I shook it "Are you new?"

"Amelie" I introduced myself "Yes, I came here a couple of days ago"

"Are you from London?" he asked organising his stuff on the desk "I can hear it in your accent"

"Yes, I am" I smiled "And I can hear  that you're Irish"

"Hahah... Yes, it sounds..." Niall started, but got interrupted by a teacher walking in.

"Okay, silence, guys, the class has already started" she shouted out "Take your seats, thank you. It's so nice you see your faces again, you've grown up and matured a little, I hope you're full of inspiration to start the studying process. Now, before we start our lesson, we've got a new student in the class. Miss Dalton, please, introduce yourself"

Cool, I like attention. Everyone turned their heads at me as I stood up and walked to the board to face my new classmates. I was always a performer, I like being the centre of attention.

"Hi, everyone. My name is Amelie Dalton, but you can call me Amie, Ams or whatever you want" I introduced yourself. I watched their lips curl in smiles, some of them were whispering something about me, but that only excited me "I came from London, I'm a figure skater, but I can also dance, sing, crochet and do other fun things. I like calm mornings, tea and winning competition. I don't like skinny jeans, heavy makeup and this school. I hope we'll get along. Though, actually, I don't care. Thank you for listening" I said pulling a fake smile and walking back to my seat.

I heard my new classmates cackling and whispering. The teacher was shocked at first, but then I sensed some annoyance.

"Girl, that was badass" Niall said with a toothy smile on his face.

"I'll take that as a compliment" I responded fixing my skirt.

"Um... thank you, miss Dalton" the teacher spoke finally "Don't trust the first impression, though, you're going to love this school eventually"

If I hear this words one more time, I swear, I'll explode. Why is everybody trying to make me like this place? They're wasting time, am I, being here.

The lesson went pretty good, though. Niall turned out being a cool guy. I didn't plan on making friends, but he was nice. So I made an exception.

I noticed that Niall was constantly trying to communicate with me during the classes. He was cracking jokes and asking a lot of questions just to talk to me. Was he making moves on me?

One more weird thing about Niall was that he talked to everyone, but didn't really stick to anyone, well, except me (just because we were sitting together though). He didn't seem to be close friends with anyone in our class, which was suspicious, considering how outgoing he was.

But when Horan offered me to go to the lunch break with him, I finally put everything together. I saw a group of guys that were walking straight to us as we exited school. There were tree boys. I looked at Niall and saw him brighten up when he noticed the boys.

"Hey, man" the dark haired one greeted him shaking his hand.

"Whassup, boys" Niall responded.

I just stood there watching them, waiting for Niall to introduce me, though I wasn't sure if I wanted to know them.

"Well, well, who do you have with you, Niall?" the short guy with messy hair asked looking me up and down.

"This is Amelie, she's new here" Niall said slightly pushing me forward "Amelie, this is Louis, Zayn and Liam"

The guys were checking me up, it didn't bother me, but it was uncomfortable.

"Nice to meet you, Amelie" Liam said, offering me his hand to shake.

I fastidiously shook his hand "Yeah, nice to meet you too".

The other two guys didn't miss the opportunity to touch me shaking my hand. I really need to wash it now before I eat.

"Okay, stop wasting time, the lunch break has already started" Niall said walking over the canteen.

The guys offered me a place at their table and I agreed, because I didn't want to eat alone. As we talked I got to know each of the boys, it's not that hard to read them.

I realised that Liam and Zayn were one year older then us and Louis was two years older. I thought it didn't make sense, considering it's my last year in school. But then I figured out, that the boarding school is not the only thing here. There's also a military university on this territory, that's why it's so big. Apparently, most of the students get to this exact university after finishing school, so my parents sent me to some military related school, that's why everyone is so strict here, I summed up. I couldn't believe it, I should have learned about it before coming here.