7. Attitude like this has consequences

The next few days went pretty well. I went to school, trained, made friends with my roommates who turned out to be pretty cool girls. Also I grew closer with Niall, Louis and Liam. I thought they were a bunch of jerks, but when I got to know them better, I discovered that they're kind, funny and comfortable. They are very different from each other, though. Niall is carefree, he's a kind soul and his laugh is incomparable. Louis is a tease, he's a badass, always knows how to mock you and get on your nerves, but he's the most comfortable person I've ever met. Liam is really reliable, he turned out to be the most responsible, that's why everyone else respected him, including teachers, housemasters and mentors. In general, I started thinking, that this school wasn't that bad. All because of the people I met.

This didn't seem to be any different from any other day. I walked to my house from my classes, it was nearly time to get ready for some afternoon activities, but I didn't have many classes, so I had about an hour for some napping.

I walked over the door and found out it was closed. Well, I guess, I'll have to go check if the girls are home, so they could open the door. I ran over our windows and knocked, but nobody answered. I decided to go check the windows on the other side, but I saw an open emergency door instead. I got curious, why would it be open? Someone must have accidentally open it, or maybe something hit the doorknob, so it was now allowing everyone in our room.

I didn't think about it too much and started getting in, since there's no other way to get there, but I stop because of the voice I heard from behind.

"Hey! You!" Some man's voice said yelling "What do you think you're doing?"

I turned around and saw Joe, the school's teacher with a thick red beard. I stepped outside to face him, though I couldn't say a thing yet.

"You were told not to use that door! This is called an emergency door for a reason, you are not allowed to use it!" He screamed at me.

I didn't like the way he was talking to me, I didn't do anything wrong.

"Stop yelling at me, I didn't open this door" I said to him quite rudely.

"You didn't open it!? Of course you did, I saw it with my own eyes, don't you dare lie to me! Do not use that door" He kept screaming even louder.

That was it, I couldn't hold it back anymore.

"You have no right to blame me on using this door, it was fucking open when I came! Literally anyone could simply walk in and do shit to us girls, by the way. It seems to be your job to make sure the doors are used on their purpose, huh? Well, you know what, you're doing an absolute shit job. Not only you let it be open, but you also are blaming some random girl on it, yelling like you're insane. You need a therapist, but I honestly doubt any therapy can help you, you asshole!" I screamed at him as emotionally as I could.

I haven't cried and expressed my emotions for days. I guess, this is how I let it go. After my burst out I felt so good. Although, the feeling didn't last long. Joe didn't appreciate the way he's just been treated.

"Attitude like this has consequences. You're going to regret everything you just said, you little sh..." he said angrily. He didn't finish his last word, but I knew exactly what he meant.

I didn't even realise how the next instance I was being dragged to the entrance of my house and straight to mister Styles' office.

Oh no, that's when it hits me. What have I just done? I'm royally fucked.

Joe practically shoved me into the cabinet without even knocking. He went very straightforward.

"Mister Styles" he exclaimed "why are your children run around breaking rules opening emergency doors?" He said to my mentor, who was now looking at us with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Excuse me, mister Williams? What happened?" Harry asked.

"What happened is that this young lady opened an emergency door and denied doin it. And! She cursed at me several times yelling, that's the worst behaviour I've ever seen in this school" he was taking emotionally.

Mister Styles just nodded his head.

"Thank you for telling me, mister Williams, this behaviour will be dealt with, that's for sure" he said side eyeing me.

"I hope so" Joe said exiting the room.

Harry waited five seconds to make sure, Joe's walked away.

As soon as I stopped hearing his footsteps, I saw mister Styles look at me with the most angry look ever.

"Is this true?" He lowly spoke.

"Yes... no, I mean, no, it's not" I shook my head.

"Did you open an emergency door and swore at a teacher, Amelie?" He asked with the most scary tone ever.

I made a step back when he stood up.

"I... I can explain, I didn't open the door, it was already open when I came there, I promise" I was nervously mumbling.

"That's not what bothers me the most. Tell me did you swear and yell at a teacher?" He made one more step towards me.

"I... that's because he yelled at me first, he didn't listen, that was like the only way to get something through his head" I said, but immediately regretted that.

Because he chuckled. The most intimidating chuckle I've ever heard.

"You think that was the only way to get something through his head. Interesting" he said "you know, I'm agree with you. Sometimes people just don't understand when they're told about things, right?"

He now towered above me making me feel like the smallest thing in this world.

"Yeah, that's for sure. Because I think nothing, absolutely nothing got in your head, when I explained the rules. But I'm not going to yell at you, Amelie. That will not work anyway" he said.

I got confused. The next instance he grabbed my forearm and dragged me to the living room. I struggled trying to get out of his grip.

"What are you doing?" I exclaimed.

As we entered the living room mister Styles lead me straight to the corner and put me there facing the walls. I was shocked. That hasn't happened to me since I was five years old.

"Since you like to act like a child you'll be punished like one. Corner time until I allow you to come out" he said strictly.

"That's unbelievable, you can't do that to me, please, mister Styles, everyone can see me standing here" I whined. I'm about to be so embarrassed.

"Yes, that's the point. Let everyone see that you've been a bad girl and now are punished. This will teach you how to respect people and follow rules" he said pointing at me.

"Please, mister Styles" I even tried to beg him, but he was adamant.

"Face the walls, hands behind you back, now" he ordered so strictly, that I obeyed immediately "Think about what you've done wrong"

He sat on the couch and probably started texting someone while I stood there forever, at least that's how it felt like. I was so embarrassed, when someone walked through the room. I could feel them staring at me, how embarrassing.

"Alright, I think, thirty minutes is enough for you" mister Styles said "turn around"

I did so facing him.

"I want you to say what you did wrong"

I sighed but started speaking to get it over with as soon as possible.

"I talked back, cursed at a teacher and was being disrespectful" I stated quietly.

"Correct you are" he nodded "have you learned you lesson?"

"Yes sir" I immediately responded.

"Good. You're excused now" he said allowing me to go.