Ch.20

Lacey and Sami were lying in bed together. Sami smiled. "I can't wait until we meet our baby. It's going to be the making of us."

"I love you. I can't wait either."

The two of them kissed as the door opened and Mia toddled in. "Mummy says me wakes you! Me cited!" She said.

"Wow cutie. Your mummy shouldn't wake people up. It's not nice," Lacey joked.

Mia giggled and nodded. She climbed onto the bed. "Mummy say you has baby in your tummy. They like me?" She asked.

Lacey nodded. "Of course they will. You're their big cousin and they will love you," she told her.

"Okay! Me tells that to mine mummy!"

Sami smiled and sighed. "I hope our baby ends up that cute," he said.

"Me too."

***
Lacey eventually walked downstairs. She smiled as she saw Leigh. "Hey. Your inquisitive little girl has Sami wowed. He wants our baby to be like her."

Leigh laughed. "She told me that she was waking you up. But that she wanted me to be the one who told her to wake you up," she told her.

"Ah. Well I love her. Also. How's it going with Warren?" She asked.

Leigh shook her head and sighed. She looked to her. "It's complicated. I feel like maybe after everything that's happened, we're not going to work. He's become so distant from me. I feel like he's on something."

"Drugs?"

Leigh shrugged. "I don't know. I really don't. Maybe we just aren't meant to be. So much has happened. And now he's on whatever he's on, it sucks."

"Talk to him. Find out what's going on. I can take Mia for the day. I promise that it'll all be okay," Lacey said as she smiled.

Leigh nodded as she looked to her. She smiled. "She's got to go nursery this afternoon. So I only need you to have her this morning," she said.

"Okay. Just don't stress," Lacey said.

***
Lacey was sitting in the park with Sami and Mia. Mia was off playing. Sami smiled. "You know, me and you, we're going to be okay. We always are," he told her.

"Are we really?"

"Yes. I know what we've been through. But it's all going to be okay. I promise you," Sami said with a smile on his face.

Lacey smiled as she kissed him. She knew how much that she wanted their relationship to work. But she was worried that it wouldn't.

Especially as she knew that deep down, she wasn't over what her ex had done. She knew it still affected her.

Sami took her hand. "You're going to be okay. What he did to you is all in the past. It's all going to be okay," he said.

"I hope so. I'm just scared I'm going to lose you. You're my everything.  We've been through so much. With Leigh, and the baby. I'm just worried," Lacey admitted.

"I know babe. But you have to remember that it's not as bad as you think. It's all okay," Sami said.

But Lacey had no idea how it was all going to become far from okay.