Ch.23

Lacey knew how she and Sami were trying to find a home of their own. They were having a baby. And Lacey wanted her own home.

She knew that it was going to be weird. Not having Diane or Leigh around. But she was doing it for her own little family.

She was nervous about having a baby. Especially after all she had been through with her ex boyfriend. He had violated her and he had broken her.

Things were hard and they were tense. She knew how she was worried about becoming a mum. She was scared that her baby was going to be hurt like she had.

That was the last thing she wanted. Sami had been her rock. She felt as though things were just stressing her out.

Sami had told her that things were going to be okay. That things were going to work. But Lacey wasn't so sure.

She had never wanted to have kids. She never thought she was the type to want to have a baby. But now she was.

All she knew was that her life was about to come change. And she had no idea how she was meant to deal with it all.

Morning came and she was lying in bed. Sami hadn't stayed with her that night. He was in court early morning and Lacey didn't want to keep him up.

The door opened and Leigh walked in. Mia behind her. "Come on. Mia is making everyone pancakes. Or so she says."

Lacey smiled as she sat up. She looked to her niece. "You're making pancakes?" She asked.

Mia nodded. "I puts the gredients in. And mummy makes them. I too little," she told her auntie with a serious face.

Lacey laughed. She smiled. "When my baby is born, are you going to make pancakes for them?" She asked.

"Es! Me am. "

Lacey smiled as she pulled her niece into her arms. She looked to her. "You're a good girl aren't you?"

"Me am."

Leigh looked to her sister and smiled. "So how's pregnancy going for you?" She asked.

"It's... I don't know. It's weird. My stomach feels so hard. But then it doesn't seem like there's a baby in there," Lacey told her.

Leigh nodded and smiled. "I was the same. It will all be okay though," she said.

***
Lacey was sitting in the coffee shop. Sami walked in and smiled. "Hey. I've been looking at some flats. And there's one just outside the village. We can go take a look tomorrow if you want to?" He said.

Lacey nodded. "Yeah. Listen. I know I've been a little offish about this whole getting a place together. But I just feel as though it's all been rushed."

Sami took her hand. He smiled. "I know. But it's all going to be okay. You and I are going to make it work. I just want what is best for you and the baby."

***
Lacey was lying in bed. She sighed as she checked her phone. She felt sick at what she saw.

Her ex had escaped from jail. And Lacey knew the first place he would go. And that was to find her.