Ch.03

Lacey walked downstairs. She saw Sami storming out. She looked at Leigh. "What happened?" She asked.

Leigh sighed. "He doesn't think I should take Mia from the hospital. It's like he agrees with Warren. That I shouldn't be in her life. Our relationship really is falling apart."

Lacey sighed. "It'll be okay. I'm sure he still loves you. I just don't think he wants to lose you."

Leigh shrugged. "At this point I don't care. The only two things important to me right now is you and Mia. Okay? You're my sister and I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Lacey saw Sami standing outside the club. She walked over to him. "What's going on with Leigh?" She asked.

"She's being selfish. She's doing what Warren did. Taking Mia and putting her at risk."

Lacey sighed. "But she wants to see her daughter. She wants to be in her life. You can't blame her for that."

Sami rolled his eyes. "Trust you to stick up for her. Look. She's just as bad as Warren. She wants to one up him."

Lacey sighed again. She looked at him. "You'd do the same though. I know you would."

***
Lacey was sitting by the city wall. Diane walked over to her. "DeeDee told me something earlier. She said she saw you and Sami kissing."

Lacey sighed. "It didn't mean anything. It was a moment of weakness."

Diane shook her head. "He's with Leigh though."

"Yes I know. Do you really think I want a relationship after what I've been through? No. I don't. So just... just don't talk about it to anyone."

Diane sighed. "Lacey. If Leigh finds out. It will devastate her."

***
Lacey saw Leigh walking towards the hospital. She smiled slightly. "Are you going to see Mia?" She asked.

"No. I'm going to get her and we're going today. I need you to get my car and bring it to me. Please," Leigh said as she handed her sister the car keys.

Lacey smiled and nodded. She went to fetch the car. She saw Sami. "Aren't you getting ready?" She asked.

"What for?"

"Leigh is getting Mia and leaving. Aren't you going with her?"

Sami shook his head. "No. I'm not. I'm going to tell her I won't get back in time. I'm not being a part of her ongoing game with Warren Fox."

Lacey sighed. She smiled slightly. "I would do the same if I were you."

***
Lacey was parked outside the hospital. She saw Leigh running towards her with a pushchair. She got out the car and smiled. "She's the cutest!"

"Yeah. We need to go. Now."

Lacey jumped back into the car and sped towards the village. Leigh sighed. "Have you seen Sami? He said he was coming with me."

Lacey shook her head. "No. Not since this morning. I'm sure he'll get in touch."

Leigh's phone rang. Lacey was looking in the car at Mia who was giggling. She didn't understand what was happening.

***
Leigh had gone from the village. Lacey was sitting in the flat on her own. She heard the front door knocking so she went to see.

She opened the door and Warren was stood there. He pushed her inside. "Where is she?!" He spat.

"Don't know who you mean."

"Don't play stupid. Leigh. She took Mia. Where is she?" Warren asked.

Lacey smirked. "She's gone to be a mother. Oh dear. What a shame. You got what you deserve."

"Oi! Get out of here."

Lacey saw Sami standing in the doorway. She smiled. Warren smirked. "She left you behind did she? Oh well. She must not love you that much."

"I chose to not go with her."

Warren smirked again. "You wanna hope that I don't find her. Cause I'll kill her," he said as he walked out.

Lacey looked at Sami who walked over to her. He pulled her into a hug and sighed. "You shouldn't wind him up. He's unhinged."

"Leigh did the right thing you know."

Sami said nothing. He held her close. But could the two of them avoid the feelings that were growing between them?