Ch.06

Lacey walked downstairs. She smiled when she saw Leigh and Mia. "Morning."

Leigh looked over and smiled. "Hey babes. It's your court day tomorrow. How do you feel?" Leigh asked as she handed Mia some toast.

"I'm okay I guess. I just feel like it'll go wrong and he'll walk free," Lacey said.

Lacey turned and saw Warren walking downstairs. She frowned. "What's going on?"

"I needed the toilet. Came to see little lady and teach her to ride this bike," he said. It was a lie. He and Leigh had sex.

Lacey smiled and nodded. She sighed. "I actually owe Sami so much. He's really helped me out," she said.

"Yeah. He's a great guy. You O'Connor's have done well snagging a lawyer," Warren said.

***

Lacey was standing in the car park with Leigh and Warren. Warren had Mia on a bike. Lacey grinned. "She doesn't look impressed," she told Leigh.

"No. I just don't think it's wise for her so soon after getting the all clear."

Lacey couldn't stop her laughter when Goldie came over with a bike. "What the?"

"If you can teach a two year old to ride a bike, then you can teach me. I'll pick it up quicker than MiMi anyways."

"Don't call her MiMi."

***

Lacey was sitting in the flat. She looked up as Sami walked in. "We can't be alone together. We have to stop what we're doing. It's not fair on Leigh," Lacey said.

Sami sighed. "You don't think she's not having it off with Warren Fox? Course she is. She never got over him. I was the fill in," he said.

"It's still not right. Two wrongs don't make a right. Okay?"

Sami walked over to her. "Lace. It's you I want to be with. After the court case, I'll come clean to Leigh. She can have the family with Warren. And we can be together," he said.

"I don't know. Okay. I don't want to hurt my sister. And I don't know how coming clean that we've been screwing will not hurt her."

"It will hurt her. But she'll get over it. She'll go back to being with Warren and they can raise Mia together," Sami said.

Lacey didn't know if she could break her sister's heart like that.

***

Lacey walked downstairs and smiled. She saw Mia sitting on the sofa chewing her hand. "Where's your mummy?" She asked.

"Wee wee."

Lacey sat down and smiled. "Did you like riding a bike with daddy today?"

Mia nodded and giggled. "Daddy."

***

It was currently 3am. Lacey couldn't sleep. She was worried about the trial and what would happen. She didn't know if she could handle it if he got away with everything.

Lacey looked up as Sami came down. She sighed. "Leigh is in bed. You should be with her."

"No. I want you. I'm only here so I can see you."

Lacey frowned. "Today is the court date and you think that I have time to play silly games? Today could make or break me and I don't want to be apart of all of this. You're using me because I think you're jealous that Leigh and Warren have something in common."

Sami rolled his eyes and sighed. He knew that he wanted Lacey. But would things work with them? Especially with the court case about to begin.