BONUS! Reunion AU

A/N

So before I wrote the chapter in which Bruno and Mariposa reunite, I drafted out a version of that chapter where things didn't go quite so smooth for Bruno when he returned to his wife. I just found this chapter tonight and had to share!

E/A/N

~~~

Tears on my face, I touched the face of my husband carved in his bedroom door. "Goodbye Bruno... I'll love you forever." I turned away from the door and left.

~~~

"Mariposa?" Rosa knocked on my bedroom door. "There's someone here to see you..."

"I don't want to see anyone today, Rosa," I said sadly as sat on the side of my bed embroidering my new pillow case with green hourglasses.

"Not even me?" A familiar voice asked.

I turned quicker than lightning to see Bruno. "B... Bruno?"

"Mi cielo," he smiled. "You're as beautiful as the day I left you..."

"No," I said in disbelief. "It can't be." A sob caught in my throat.

"Mariposa..." Bruno said softly as he approached. "It's really me."

No!" I pointed my needle at him. "You're dead!"

"I'm not," he said softly as he threw salt over his shoulder. "I'm right here in the flesh and blood."

"No!" I yelled. "You can't be because- because if you are," I felt the tears race down my face and my voice cracked in the scream. "Then you lied to me!" I threw my embroidery down and sobbed into my hands.

"No, mi cielo, I never meant to leave you alone for so long..." He sat on the bed beside me.

I collapsed into his shoulder. "You weren't supposed to leave me at all. You promised!"

"Yeah..." Bruno put his arms around me. "I know..." He said quietly.

A/N

As you can see, this is a bit more of a tearful and angry reunion for the couple. I decided that the happy version was better suited to the story.

E/A/N