Bonus: Pepa's Apology

This was written after the story was completed.

I looked up from my work at the sound of a knock on the door. I looked towards the sound to see a storm building outside. I looked at Bruno who was snoring in his chair.

"Bruno." I hit the side of his chair with my crutch. "Bruno."

Bruno jumped awake. "I'm not asleep!"

I chuckled. "Well not anymore. Can you get the door?"

"Yeah, yeah," Bruno nodded and crossed to the door. "Pepa, Felix..."

"Can we come in?" Pepa asked.

Bruno looked to me and I nodded. Bruno stepped aside and said, "I'll m-make some tea." 

Pepa and Felix stepped in, closing the door behind them. Quietly they crossed to the couch where I was sitting. Pepa sat next to me as I quietly continued to work on the dress in my lap.

"Mariposa..." Pepa said quietly. "I'm sorry."

I cut the thread and set the spindle in my sewing basket.

"Mariposa," Pepa pleded as rain started to fall, "please don't igno-"

"Pepa, I'm not mad at you." I put the sewing needle into my pin tomato.

"Really? But I was so mean to you yesterday..."

"Tentions were high, Pepa." I grabbed her hand. "Don't worry about it. Alma pushing you the way she does doesn't help either."

"What do you mean?"

I pointed towards the window. "You're raining, Pepa."

"Oh, sorry..." Pepa took a deep breath and the rain stopped.

"Exactly that," I sighed. "Pepa, you should be allowed to feel your feelings."

"That's what I've been saying, mi vida," Felix said, holding Pepa's hand.

Bruno came back and set the tea on the coffee table. "N-not as g-good as J-Julieta's but... tea..." He started pouring the tea but his hands were shaking as he attempted, seeing frustrated.

I lightly touched his hands as I took the tea pot from him to pour the tea. "Sit down, cariño," I told him quietly as I gave him his tea cup.

"Thank you, mi cielo..." Bruno sipped his tea.

"Pepa, you should be allowed to rain or shine or hail or snowstorm whenever you want or need. I won't tell you how to live your life," I took a sip of my tea," but I never have thought Alma was right for controlling your emotions."

Pepa sipped her tea quietly.