Difficult times 💗

Hinata has been having a hard time recently, his father and sister are sick, while his mother is overworking herself to the brink of death. All he has is his boyfriend, Akaashi Keiji. But even he is hard to contact, considering he's in another town. Hinata is falling apart at the seams, he's lost in all the stress.

Akaashi Keiji on the other hand, is worried for his tiny boyfriend. He hasn't been reaching out lately, before calling 3 times per week on the regular, maybe a few texts here or there. Now, it's been reduced to 1 call per 2 weeks, 2 texts a month. Something is wrong, he can feel it.

Having this gut feeling, Akaashi calls up Hinata.

"Come on, come on! Pick up, Shoyo," he waits impatiently, listening to the constant ring. Finally, he hears a voice.

"Keiji?" There's a soft tremble in his voice, a little stutter. "Shoyo, are you alright? I'm worried about you, you haven't called in awhile and thought I should check up," that's when he heard sniffles from the other side. "If this isn't a good time, I can drop the call," "No, no! Actually, it's nice hearing your voice after such a long time," Akaashi could tell Hinata was smiling at least a bit now.

"How about a quick catch up? How's volleyball?"

"Good, I've gotten better at my receiving!" Even if his tone was upbeat, it was too quiet for someone like Hinata. Akaashi could tell. "What about your friends?" Hinata laughed. "Still the best friends ever, except Tsukki has gotten consistently more annoying. And Yams is sticking to him like glue!"

"Is that so? Sounds almost like Bokuto-san,"

"Oh! How's Bokuto-senpai?"

"Well, as you said with your friend Tsukishima-san, has gotten consistently more annoying," Hinata's little chuckles brought a smile to Akaashi. It's been so long, he's craving to see his face in person again. "Do you want to turn on your face cam? I really want to see your face, Shoyo," he was hesitant at first, then turning it on.

They both laid in their beds, legs up and swinging about. However, Hinata's eyes were gloomy, tired and not his usual self. Akaashi noticed immediately, Hinata chuckled. "I know, I don't look the best right now, sorry," "there's no need to be sorry, I'm just happy to see your face," Hinata sniffles again.

"I have an idea, why not, this weekend. I have a sleepover at your house? See how it's going?" Hinata's eyes didn't seem too excited, more of a panic. His soft smile went to a small frown, Akaashi caught on. "Or, you come over to me? Does that sound better?" Hinata sighed, smiling again. "I'll ask my mom," he whispered.

They spent the rest of the night talking over the phone. Hinata fell asleep and Akaashi had to drop the call. "I hope you're doing okay, Shoyo," he whispered to himself before drifting to sleep.

*
As the week passed, Hinata felt happy for once, to look up to something. Everything else felt like it was going downhill, but that one phone call from Akaashi cheered him up enough to distract him from the pain.

"Shoyo Hinata! You better be paying attention, or I swear!" "Yes, ma'am!" His teacher glared at him before continuing to teach the class, he always felt like he was singled out from everyone else in the class. He knew he was the stupidest in his grade, and the teachers didn't downplay it. And some of the cruelest ones would outright point it out, saying things like "you best catch up with the rest of the class, or else there's no chance for college for you," "work smarter, not harder, not everything is about volleyball," or "I'm dissapointed."

He felt like crying, but as a man, he bottled it up and waited until school was over. That was when his phone rang, he forgot to turn on silent mode, everyone stared at him. "Shoyo Hinata, bring that darn phone of yours to me, now!" He shamefully walked up to the class, giving his phone to the teacher. He couldn't even get a chance to see who it was.