Obnoxious

Please ignore typos

Next morning was quite embarrassing for Cynthia, half of the palace knew that she was on her period. The maid from whom Taehyung took help late night gossiped with her colleagues, admiring the king for his chivalry, resulting in the news reaching all the palace. Her handmaids were instructed by Taehyung to make sure she takes her meals properly and not have any caffeinated drink or chocolate as it will increase the pain.
Taehyung had forbidden her from doing any work. He even cancelled all her appointment and asked her secretary to postpone her meetings.
"Your handmaids will come in some minutes and take you to medical wing, I apologize I can not go with you because of my meeting with prime minister" Taehyung said. "You focus on work, I am fine and it's not necessary to go to doctor-" Cynthia tried to say she was already embarrassed he had to take care of her but was cut by Taehyung "no you will go for the check up, I'll take my leave". After few minutes the door knocked she permitted Bo Young entered, Cynthia tried to get down and bow. "Wait! Stop, keep lying " Bo Young stopped her. "Greetings mama"

"How is my daughter-in-law " Bo Young asked caressing her face, Cynthia felt her face heat up. "I am fine mama"
"Your husband caused the chaos in entire palace" Bo Young chuckled "but I am happy seeing him taking care of you makes my heart swell with proud"
"Yes mama, thank you, he really is a gentleman"
"Come let's take you to doctor"
"Mama I am completely fine, Tae just got worried" Cynthia denied politely. "But it's absolutely fine to get a checkup, we never know if there is anything wrong and there is nothing to be embarrassed about it is ok if you feel pain and have medicine for it. You aren't supposed to silently bare all the pain" Cynthia hugged her feeling the motherly embrace.

Bo Young took her to doctor Yoonji and the reason behind her unbearable pain was her overworking and not taking care of herself. When Taehyung got to know he scolded her and he took care of her for the days she was on her period.

After 2 weeks
Taehyung woke up by knocks on her door, he saw Cynthia was sleeping at the couch. He shook her "Cynthia", she opened her eyes, "someone is at door" he told her but because of coming late night from an event she was quite sleepy so she disregarded his words and closed her eyes again. The knocks continued, he was getting nervous who was at the door this early in the morning it was 4 in the morning for God's sake.
He picked her up bridal style and laid her on the bed and immediately threw the extra duvet in the closet. He laid down on the bed covering both of them with comforter properly.
"Come in" he said in a sleepy voice.
So Young came in "Greetings Your Majesty!" she bowed "At ease" he commended "What brings you here so early in the morning?" He inquired.
"Queen mother has sent me to wake His and Her Majesty, she wants to talk to you" she informed.
"Is mother all right?"
"Yes Your Majesty, her Highness were fine" she answered her eyes casted downward.
"Ok we are coming" she went out of room. Taehyung woke Cynthia up again and they both washed up and went in living room "Good morning" they both greeted and bowed to Bo Young.
"She greeted them back "take a seat".
"You both have to go to Busan, Queen Mother Jeon is not well and she has been wanting to meet Cynthia" Bo Young told them. They nodded "the plane is prepared and your luggage will also be packed, you both should get ready as early as possible" they both nodded again.

The flight was filled with nervousness, Taehyung forced her to sleep for some time but she refused. They were driven to estate as the got off the plane. Jeongguk was present at the door waiting for them and they reached around 6 am. Cynthia felt a shiver down her spine, she hated this place the most. There were many horrible memories attached to this mansion, she tried to shake those and focus on why they came for.

"Guk" Cynthia called him, he was looking dull and tired, Jeongguk embraced her. He greeted them and took them inside, Minho, Hye Sun and  Minji's family was present their. They both greeted all of them.
Minho and Hye Sun took Cynthia and Taehyung in Jungmi's room.
"Mother! Cynthia is here to meet you" Minho uttered, Jungmi opened her eyes. There were several wires attached to her body, oxygen mask covering her nose and mouth. She her hand out for Cynthia, Cynthia looked at Hye Sun who nodded and encouraged her to go near. She took her hand and walked closer, Jungmi took off her oxygen mask. Hye Sun tried to stop her but she insisted.
"King Taehyung" she rasped, Taehyung went near her " yes Your Highness" she held his hand and placed Cynthia's hand in his "T-take care of her, she deserves the best" Taehyung nodded.
"I want to talk to Cynthia alone" they all complied with her wish "sit beside me" Cynthia obligated but was looking down.
"I know it will be too difficult for you but please forgive me, if you can" Cynthia looked at her.
"Queen mother what are you talking about?"
"I apologize for everything I have done to you, everytime I had been cruel and unjust to you, I was blinded by love for my daughter" Jungmi joined her hands. "Queen Mother! Please! You are my elder, you shouldn't do this " Cynthia held her hands. "Please let me apologize properly, if you won't forgive me, I can't die peacefully. I am being selfish again, asking for something I don't deserve" she took a breath to calm her self, tears rolled down her cheeks.
Cynthia felt bad, this women who had been strong headed and whose aura screamed dominance was this vulnerable. She didn't liked seeing her this weak, tear filled her eyes.  "I forgive you, I forgive you from the bottom of my heart" Cynthia said and wiped Jungmi's tears, Jungmi caressed her face signalling her to move closer. She kissed Cynthia's forehead, Cynthia's tears started flowing this is the first time Jungmi showed affection towards her.
"Your Highness shouldn't cry like this, it will effect your health Queen Mother ".
"P-please call me grandma for on-once" Cynthia was stupidify, Jungmi herself forbade her from calling this and now she was asking. She wanted to address her just the way Jeongguk, Jaemin and Yuna did but she wasn't allowed but today she got the opportunity. "Grandma" she said with a timid voice. "A-gain"
"Grandma" Jungmi kissed her hands "thank you" Cynthia felt Jungmi's grip losing on her hand, Jungmi's body started trembling, she rushed to call doctor. The doctors came in and started the treatment and asked Cynthia to go outside. She stood beside Hye Sun, Hye Sun hugged her wiping her tears. The door opened and doctor came out.
"I am sorry Your Majesty! We couldn't save Queen Mother".
"What!" Minji exclaimed and was about to hold doctor's collar when her son (Jaemin) stopped her. "She had a heart attack, which she couldn't bear" Minho nodded and the doctors left. Minji started wailing and thrashing in Jaemin's hold. Other family members also had tears in their eyes.
"You! It happened because of you. Why did you come here?" Minji pointed at Cynthia.
"Minji! Control yourself" Minho scolded her. She got out of hold and was about to slap Cynthia, who shrieked and back away but Taehyung came in between them blocking her. "This obnoxious girl is the cause of my mother's death, I won't let you live-" Minho cut her "Jaemin take your mother in her room" he then turned to Hye Sun "Please take Cynthia and Taehyung to guestroom to rest for a while". Hye Sun nodded and took her hand while Taehyung followed them.