Chapter 18 : Rekindled Determination

Hakuren Outdoor Field, Two Hours After the Raimon v Hakuren Practice Match

Serika gave a dubious look at Suzaku who was mumbling something while touching the soccer ball in front of her with a stick. Today, she seemed to be wearing some sort of Greek-styled white dress along with a golden brooch, bright green wig and a golden laurel crown.[1] Watching her move the ball in front of her in random patterns, Serika thought she could hear the older green-head mumbling something like

"I see...power of light...goddess...do it like this...."

She knew Kenji had called her the supposed 'best dribbler' in Japan but she was starting to have some serious doubts about joining the two Eisei midfielders for training and began to think about how she even got in this mess in the first place.

One Hour Ago

"Ughhhh"

Plopping herself on the ground, Serika recalled her plays in the match just minutes ago.

Olympus Harmony!

"Sorry, but I won't lose to dribbling like that!

Serika couldn't believe that such a normal looking girl had managed to steal the ball from her, and so easily at that. As the center midfielder, it was her job to connect the defense and offense but at this rate...She wouldn't be able to keep up with the other Holy Road finalists and Raimon would be eliminated in the first round meaning the opportunity to play on the same field as Mika would disappear as soon as it began...

Clenching her fist, Serika tilted her head downwards making her long, blonde hair cover her eyes. She needed more strength, so that no one could stop them. She would just have to keep practicing that hissatsu Aphrodi had shown her before leaving for the training camp. By the end of this training camp, she was sure a genius like herself would be able to master it.

Hmph. Flipping her hair back, Serika put on a facade of confidence knowing the hissatsu was surrreee to come to her easily.

30 Minutes Later

"HAHAHAHAHA. Oh my god!! What is THAT supposed to be!"

Bursting out with tears, Haruka held her stomach while pointing her finger mockingly at Serika who was red faced at being caught in the middle of her practice by the rival midfielder.

Flipping her hair to hide her embarrassment, Serika countered back

"I suppose a brainless cat like you wouldn't understand what a genius such as myself is working on. I guess I'm just on a different level that you can't comprehend"

"Oh you're on another level all right! It's just so low that I think I'd need binoculars to have a chance of seeing it"

Moving forward, Serika put the back of her hand on the other girl's forehead which Haruka quickly slapped away while bristling

"What do you think you're doing?"

Serika tapped her chin while muttering to herself

"That's strange, you don't seem to have a fever..."

"I'm not sick you stupid penguin!"

Tapping her index finger along her skull, Serika retorted casually

"Not sick on the outside at least, there might be something else wrong up there for all we know"

Finally at her breaking point, Haruka's white hair started to fly upwards and she turned her face upwards to stare down Serika, who received her glare and countered back with her own as lightning seemed to spark between the two girls.